Verified Expert in Design
Matthew is a user experience and solution architecture consultant focusing on creating and improving his clients' digital products. He started his career as a developer and quickly became more involved in user experience as it evolved. Matthew now works to design technically sound products that excite users.
UX Design for Experiential Marketing
eDiscovery User Flow Enhancements
Engineer and Founder
- Designed cloud solutions for customers utilizing Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Architected system integrations consisting of several lines of business applications and services.
- Implemented workflow automation for existing business processes and systems.
Founder and CEO
- Led client engagements providing user experience design services.
- Developed company-wide best practices and design standards for the user experience team.
- Provided technical project oversight to ensure the integrity of developed solutions.
User Experience Consultant
- Designed SharePoint add-ons and products for Microsoft SharePoint.
- Created intranets, custom web applications, and public facing sites for clients using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Designed and maintained internal marketing assets such as print materials, websites, and newsletters.
- Presented at various conference and webinars on the value of User Experience in the enterprise.
- Developed company best practices and standards of design related to User Experience and Interface Development.
User Interface Developer
- Designed the mobile application for recording housing inspection damage following disasters for FEMA.
- Created a web application for managing disaster relief efforts related to residential housing inspection using GIS.
- Developed database and integration points for disaster management efforts for FEMA.
- Designed an intranet using Microsoft SharePoint for managing enterprise content for both internal and government use.
User Interface Developer
- Redesigned a custom manufacturing management system from the ground up to track solar production metrics with the Process Engineering team.
- Designed a touch screen application for manufacturing employees to track production metrics and defects.
- Integrated data collection from assembly line machinery with information management system.
- Created a reporting interface and business intelligence platform for assessing manufacturing related metrics.
Enterprise Database Corporation
- Designed the intranet in SharePoint 2003 for Virginia Port Authority.
- Developed a custom inventory management application for the largest electrical contractor in Washington Metro area.
- Supported several large custom database applications for services based customers to track resources.
- Maintained company web site and designed marketing materials.
- Led the migration of several customers from Microsoft Access databases to custom web application and MSSQL Server.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
Radford University - Radford, Virginia, USA