Toptal Member Since
March 29, 2019
Medhat is an innovative user experience designer who's spent over the past 14 years spearheading projects that leave a lasting impact on digital products. He has a portfolio of over 20 projects demonstrating versatility in a wide range of industries and digital platforms. Along with being attentive to emerging trends and business needs, Medhat brings a positive demeanor with a palpable passion for designing intuitive user-centered experiences.
Medhat is available for hireHire Medhat
Fly365 | Flights Booking
Orange Web UI | Arabic Design Kit
Design SystemsDesign LibrariesVisual Component Library (VCL)SketchEnterprise DesignEnterprise+ 3 more
Emirates Parkings | Towing Services
Arabic TypographyTransportation & ShippingMapsTrackingMobile App DesignMVP Design
Grocety | Online Grocery Shop
Grocery DeliveryeCommerceOnline DeliveryMobile AppsMinimum Viable Product (MVP)User Experience (UX)+ 3 more
Career CoachingGamificationE-learningUser Experience (UX)Minimum Viable Product (MVP)Product Design+ 2 more
Uniform | Online Ordering
Material DesignOnline OrderingOrder ManagementMobile App DesignDashboard DesignMVP Design
RecruitingVisual DesignWordPress DesignMatching SystemsResponsive Web Design (RWD)
Store DesignOnline ShopseCommerceUser Interface (UI)
2020 - 2021
- Managed the design language localization into Arabic, serving more than eight different countries.
- Helped the design team to implement UX best practices.
- Conceptualized several design proposals that contained digital products.
Technologies: Zeplin, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Sketch, Figma, Draw.io, Miro, Abstracts
2019 - 2020
Head of UX
- Founded the UX department from scratch in six months.
- Led six designers in two teams to design new product experiences for many online products.
- Oversaw the entire design activities within the team.
Technologies: Balsamiq, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Sketch
2018 - 2019
Product Experience Manager
- Revamped the experience of the search funnel, which improved sales by around 40%.
- Launched three new stores in four months, which increased sales by approximately 70%.
- Improved user traceability by implementing over 50 new events on Google Analytics.
- Oversaw the entire product lifecycle starting with strategic planning.
Technologies: Zeplin, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Sketch, Draw.io, Miro, Abstracts
2013 - 2018
User Experience Lead
- Led two squads in many experimental online products (MVP) in the fintech, e-learning, and eCommerce sectors.
- Established cross-functional team in three months with a design thinking mindset.
- Participated in the transformation from Waterfall to Agile within the scope of six months.
Technologies: Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Balsamiq
2011 - 2013
Senior UX Designer
- Designed high-impact web applications with strong emotional appeal and intuitive navigation to maximize users' engagement for more than ten satisfied customers.
- Performed a wide variety of online projects involving UX and UI design for startups and large corporations such as Google, Porsche, Inzaj, and Mgadeer for a scope of two years.
- Implemented over 15 design proposals in matching the requirements, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
2001 - 2006
Bachelor's Degree in Business/Commerce
Cairo University - Cairo, Egypt
SEPTEMBER 2016 - PRESENT
German-Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce
FEBRUARY 2002 - PRESENT
MedCom Technology Solutions