Verified Expert in Design
Melissa is an award-winning, multifaceted creative woman with 13+ years of experience specializing in digital technologies. She has worked with clients ranging from industry leaders to startups that have utilized her expertise in design, VR, AR, entrepreneurship, and art direction. Melissa's past clients include NBC Universal, Technicolor, Google, Harvard Business School, UEFA, Telus, Walmart, UPMC, Forbes, Giant Tiger, Rogers, Adidas, Ford, WealthSimple, and The Royal Conservatory.
Morgan Consultants, Inc.
- Worked with a range of clients focusing on mobile apps, web design, and decks.
- Designed a mobile website for Mizrahi Developments.
- Worked for the Federal Force Protection Agency (FFPA) for their project: On the Edge of Tomorrow.
- Contributed articles and other work to Fashion Studio7 Magazine.
- Designed ad layouts for web and print for Grey Advertising (Volvo).
- Created the yield branding for Giant Tiger's "Inner Voice" campaign.
- Voiced the main character voice of Melissa for animation piece, Planet Dolan.
- Published "The Distillate" for the University of Waterloo.
- Crafted a pitch deck and business cards for Host Away.
- Taught adults the fundamentals of UX and UI as the co-lead instructor.
- Gave lectures and provided feedback during workshops.
- Developed and delivered compelling workshop-style lessons to adult students in an intensive ten-week Bootcamp. Providing one-on-one feedback and workshop tutorials during afternoon sessions.
Pixel Tours, Inc.
- Designed a mobile iOS app for parents to help their babies develop through the power of music.
- Managed and led the full branding and design prototyping of a VR platform for architecture and interior design.
- Led the brand redesign, storyboarding, and website of a small design and development company.
- Managed a team in Argentina for the creation of VR kiosk initiative used successfully as high-profile partnership pitch.
- Worked with key clients including Yulio VR, The Royal Conservatory of Music, and 407ETR.
Art Director (Contract)
- Managed and led the conceptualization and implementation of all visual collateral.
- Created the visual identity and website design for Zoom&Go, a hotel booking platform for business professionals.
- Co-created Rogers Communications' UI styling for their rewards program website; also sourced the appropriate stock photography.
CEO | Co-founder
- Oversaw and managed client and customer transactions.
- Managed and led six employees and over 50 contractors across Canada.
- Raised over 10,000 in funding through pitch competitions.
- Presented as a guest speaker at various conferences.
- Won a Velocity People's Choice Award and the NSCH Entrepreneurial Award.
- Featured on Arlene Dickinson's "You Inc." website, CTV Kitchener (a TV program), and in The Globe and Mail (a newspaper).
Production and Design Assistant (Contract)
Blue Ant Media
- Worked with producers during pre, post, and production of radX’s hit show, Big Lives.
- Created a promo video and blog for an Adele concert resulting in over 40,000 views.
- Crafted various successful advertisements on social media for all four channels.
Certificate in Intro to Design Thinking
IDEO - Online
N/A | Study Abroad Term in Fine Art
Lancaster University - Lancaster, England
Bachelor's Degree in Global Business and Digital Arts (Business and Design)
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada