Verified Expert in Design
Michael is an experienced creative director with over 20 years of industry experience in all aspects of the design process. He's gained his experience by founding a web design agency as well as working for a larger global telco organization as their creative digital lead. Michael has an acute sense of visual design aesthetics and strives for continuous improvement outcomes—this experience has led to his own startup initiatives.
Red Rooster Mobile Delivery
- Created functional and beautiful user experiences for web and mobile applications; he bridges user needs and business goals to deliver the most creative and strategic UX and design solutions.
- Served as the creative brains of the company and led the UX and UI team at EB Pearls. Experienced in interaction design (15+ years) and has designed digital products for 1,200+ companies all over the world.
- Made significant changes to the team's morale and quality output in a time of change for the organization.
Founder | Director
- Founded his own interactive agency called Artichoke Design, which has proven to be a successful business for over 16 years.
- Created and led a team that has launched over 300 live sites, countless publications, brands, and mobile applications for innovative businesses.
- Crafted successful visual designs that enhance a user's experience by delivering a unified experience that answers the "why" question.
- Focused his passion on creating new ways people interact with technology. thanks to his ever-growing knowledge within the startup industry.
Digital Design Director
- Brought digital experiences to life on behalf of DMG. The role covers all touch points from apps, websites, brand, and most importantly the end user experience.
- Helped transform the user experiences of the following clients including Amex, Fox Sports, Red Rooster, Spacenow, Zip, and Sports Where I am.
- Led the growth of the business—becoming the leading new digital agency in Sydney.
Creative Director | Senior Manager of Design and User Experience
- Crafted the visual design language of the digital products across Singtel/Optus Digital.
- Encouraged the design team to follow the best engagement practices for the optimum value and return.
- Established the touch points of the organization with a focus on mobile and web.
- Worked remotely with a smaller team in Sydney while I was based in Singapore.
- Built trust and instilled a good design process. Delivering consistently high-quality applications and sites. Worked across multiple large teams for the digital group whilst meeting deadlines.
- Crafted the visual design of Klink—a cloud storage file system.
- Mentored and led the design team of GDL on various web and mobile applications.
- Bridged the gap between marketing, UX, product, design, and development.
- Implemented a significant change in the team's morale and quality output.
- Digitized analog maps to digital maps for the web.
- Curated slideshows for the web. Designed a website that won numerous awards for its time when the web was evolving.
- Created beautifully designed, easy-to-use mobile apps put the breadth and depth of Lonely Planet's travel content in the palm of your hand.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (Cartography)
RMIT University - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia