Freelance UI/UX and Product Delivery Consultant
2012 - 2013
BBC, Haygarth, WhatUsersDo, Blue Hive
- Carried out UX tasks for several projects for Haygarth, a London based agency. These consisted of conducting stakeholder interviews and creating user stories, responsive wireframes, and site maps for pitches and product development. The clients were Organic UK (Facebook competition), Kerry Foods (a responsive food products site), and Vichy Cosmetics (web site and animation storyboards).
- Worked for WhatUsersDo on an ad-hoc basis, conducting usability studies. The studies involve watching screencasts and observing how well users complete their assigned tasks. Clients included Virgin Atlantic and Dixons.
- Created an interactive prototype (web, mobile, and tablet) using Axure for a Ford social presence for Blue Hive.
- Maintained a relationship with several BBC teams for several years. I conducted many stakeholder interviews across several product areas to aid in a funding application for a proposed BBC web product.
- Led the user experience and design consultancy.
- Ran the technical consultancy and translation of requirements into technical specifications.
- Drove business analysis and evaluation of propositions.
- Performed user research and usability testing, and developed the prototype and wireframing.
Technologies: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, OmniGraffle, HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Axure