Verified Expert in Design
Not many designers can prove that they've saved a company €2.8 million annually, but Philip can. Philip specializes in web applications in finance, real estate, and asset management, and he's been working as a digital designer in one form or another for over 15 years. In his career, Philip has worked for Adidas, Air France KLM, Financial Times, LEGO, Nationale Nederlanden, Philips, and PWC.
Identifying the Needs of 36,000 Partners | Bol.com
Source of Truth | Supermarket Industry
Improving Consistency and Readability | Financial Times
- Successfully ran dozens of design thinking projects for clients worldwide.
- Launched and grew the BTNG Design Thinking Community to +250 members.
- Achieved becoming one of seven Miro Experts in The Netherlands.
- Became part of Toptal Global's top 3% freelancers.
- Became a Certified AJ&Smart Design Sprint Facilitator (Berlin).
- Helped digital agencies offer design sprints through our masterclass.
Interim Lead UX Designer at Drukwerkdeal
- Implemented a new Figma-based design system in collaboration with the front-end team.
- Launched a new user research strategy by implementing weekly user research interviews with customers.
- Introduced and adopted customer journey management with theydo.io.
- Identified the needs of Bol.com's 36,000 partners with qualitative research.
- Changed fundamentally the way Bol combines big and small data.
- Evangelized a customer-centered approach by aligning stakeholders.
- Created and validated 25 early low-fidelity prototypes.
Senior UI/UX Designer
Dation & Curious Inc.
- Created a solution that saved our client €2,800,000+ annually by facilitating an on-site design sprint.
- Designed a design system for a web and a mobile application (PWA).
- Implemented consistent UX research to both discover opportunities and validate ideas.
Freelance UX Designer
- Created and implemented a new design system suitable for web, mobile, and tablet applications.
- Improved readability by implementing the vertical rhythm and enhancing the typography.
- Optimized the product backlog together with the product owner to gain focus.
- Designed a custom 12-column page that works with static banner sizes.
- Worked in a multidisciplinary team onsite to prepare work for our agile development team.
Lead Design OOT | UI/UX Designer
- Managed the process and the quality of our digital projects as the lead design OOT at ORTEC.
- Worked with a team of professionals that varied from a more creative (graphic) design skill set to a more theoretical "application design" approach.
- Developed a Material Design-based design system and oversaw the redesign of multiple digital enterprise products.
- Assisted with the creation of our corporate front-end style guide.
- Gained over 2,000 hours of experience in UX and visual design.
Freelance UX Designer
- Contributed to the success of the 2016 LEGO Christmas campaign website. They redesigned a running app purchased by ADIDAS to create their unique running environment.
- Delivered multiple wireframes and prototype documentation approved by clients.
- Designed wireframes and new navigation patterns for new experiences.
Digital Project Manager
- Kept clients happy by steering projects to keep them on track and within budget.
- Actively monitored project progress and communicated progress to clients.
- Created better project overview by facilitating workshops.
Certified Design Sprint Facilitator in Masterclass Design Sprint
AJ&Smart - Berlin
Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Media
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Media Designer MBO Level 4 Certification in Multimedia Design
Media College Amsterdam - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Masterclass Design Sprint
AJ & Smart