Verified Expert in Design
Rachelle is a certified product designer who uses an iterative research process, design, and testing to craft unique design solutions. Her work on Royal Caribbean's design system involved designing at scale and managing the communication between large teams of designers and developers. Rachelle believes in the power of design as a means to solve complex problems, and she aspires to work for teams and products who share this passion for excellent user experiences.
GI Trak App
Royal Caribbean's Visual Language
- Designed an app for a startup called Whippy. It connects dental professionals with open shifts in their area. I designed both sides of the platform: the dentists and dental institutes.
- Redesigned the admin dashboards for a cybersecurity company called Rangeforce. I used a process of research and design to create a design solution unique to the specific and complex product requirements.
- Created IA maps and end-to-end designs for a startup in the healthcase space called GI Trak.
- Created a UI kit designed in Figma to help a startup have templates to work from for designing websites for small businesses. The UI kit included grids, typography, colors, and basic components as well as full-page layouts and design ideas.
Product Designer (Design Systems)
Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Worked as part of the design systems team and audited the current usage of specific components like notifications, cards and buttons. The conclusions from the audits helped inform the systems documentation.
- Led an initiative to reimagine the use of typography as a foundation of the system. Using a process of research, design, and testing, I proposed a predictable scale as a solution. This standardized typography across multiple products and platforms.
- Solved the pain point of design QA by researching and testing new methods for how design and development might improve communication. This project helped launch a new internal system for design QA.
- Held a series of UX workshops with the company stakeholders and spearheaded a project with the goal of defining the company's design values. This helped solidify the foundation of the system and drive design decisions.
- Designed a browsable guide of Royal Caribbean's visual language. The first version was released in InVision, the second version in Webflow. The project was the first attempt at designing a custom design system platform.
- Redesigned Qualified Hardware's website based on a list of suggestions from the Baymard Research Institute. Implemented design changes with A/B testing, and company saw an increase in profits.
- Designed a fintech app, from end to end, using a process of research, design, and testing.
- Led a research initiative for the company's internal website. Using UX Research strategies, I gathered insights based on data and interviews. This research was prepared into a presentation that was shared with the top stakeholders in the company.
- Redesigned an eCommerce website for a luxury interior design brand looking for an updated look and feel and a seamless shopping experience.
- Led a project to design a real estate product for mortgage brokers to help find loans from qualified institutions. The product aimed to disrupt an industry that has stayed the same for many years.
Certified Scrum Master (PSM)