Verified Expert in Design
Raphael is an award-winning digital product designer and product manager focused on UI/UX and strategy. With decades of experience working on multi-platform products for companies in the entertainment, gaming, pharmaceutical, and SaaS industries, such as Netflix, HBO, 2K, Riot Games, SAP, Pfizer, and early-stage startups. Raphael's approach to human behavior and user-centered design allows him to solve problems—ultimately helping to shape and make digital products better.
Creative Director | Product Designer
- Worked on high-level clients from different countries such as the US, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and China and also in different industries including healthcare, entertainment, SaaS, gaming, hospitality, and food & beverage.
- Mentored, led, and collaborated with a team of 12 members, including developers, designers, writers, and digital marketers while working with a multitude of clients.
- Rebranded and designed user interface and user experience website for co-working space company increasing sales by 20% after launch.
- Designed and developed (in Webflow) a high converting fully responsive website for a nonprofit organization in the wellness space. The website increased donations to over 15%, increased user interaction by over 50%, and increased sign-up to over 10%.
- Designed a mobile application that helps company managers fill their staffing needs for companies across the world.
- Designed multiplatform digital products for a mental wellness company.
- Collaborated with development and QA teams to ensure that the final products matched the designs.
- Created design systems for four different clients, including assets like icons, buttons, typography, and branding elements.
Vice President | Product Designer
- Created, developed, and managed the creative vision of the company including brand, digital products, and collateral while establishing and mentoring a best-in-class digital and creative team.
- Designed the UI and UX for all of the digital products of the company. Products included two iOS apps, two Android apps, a web app, a marketing website, and an administrator dashboard.
- Implemented the agile methodology within the company with success achieving faster feature releases for digital products and reduced development costs.
- Implemented optimization and growth through performance analysis, user-testing, creative partnerships, and continuously identifying ways to improve user experience.
- Led the company’s communication and presentation efforts with C-level executives with the demonstration of strong project management and prioritized and strategic goals.
- Determined the production schedule by strategizing and conferring with the heads of each department.
- Reduced marketing spending by implementing analytical tracking and A/B testing for all new campaigns.
Senior Interactive Art Director
- Worked with creative directors from the AV, print, and digital departments to create branding, key art, and artwork for TV shows and movies building high-quality campaigns and digital products in the entertainment industry.
- Repurposed key art to capture and adapt the essence of the property in different platforms and mediums such as digital billboards, social media channels, A/V campaigns, digital advertising, websites, and applications.
- Produced consistent, innovative, audience-first, award-winning solutions across multiple platforms, including websites, apps, social media, interactive digital advertisements, and take overs.
- Managed deadlines and assessed how much creative allocation was required for projects.
- Developed and built relationships with clients to manage high-budget projects and timelines between releases.
- Managed deadlines and assessed how much creative allocation was required for projects including determining what designers and developers would be working on each project.
Voveo Marketing Group
- Served as the lead art director and product designer for the agency focused on working on B2B companies' digital products.
- Led the team in the strategy and execution of digital and print campaigns.
- Worked closely with copywriters and other designers to develop creative concepts.
- Managed a high volume of campaign types at the same time including digital and print.
- Collaborated with the development team to deliver innovative digital products.
- Facilitated communication and lead presentations between client, stakeholders, and creative team.
Junior Art Director (Multimedia and Print)
- Executed the creation of interactive and print materials, including app solutions, interactive experiences, presentations, and print material.
- Brainstormed with other team members to develop innovative ideas to pitch to potential clients.
- Built presentation templates that successfully helped convert prospects into clients and reduced the creative team’s time spent on each presentation.
- Maintained communication with clients from beginning to completion of projects.
- Helped identify new features necessary to better client systems.
Senior Multimedia Designer (Web, Motion Graphics, and Print)
Vox Medica, Inc.
- Served as the lead multimedia designer for agency capabilities working with pharmaceutical clients such as Pfizer, Alkermes, Horizon Pharma, Abbott Laboratories, and many others.
- Produced and executed cinematic experiences for pharmaceutical sales teams’ launch products nationally.
- Contributed to the conceptual development of multiple product campaigns.
- Designed assets that had to be compliant with FDA guidelines.
- Rebranded the identity of the Vox Medica’s corporate holding company.
Art Director | Editor | Motion Graphic Designer
- Produced instructional material for the company’s educational seasons, focusing on teaching hairstylists how to use the products.
- Conceptualized and storyboarded thematic content for educational material.
- Directed the production team during videoshoots and photoshoots.
- Worked as the main video editor in the education department for both internal content and released training materials.
- Designed print materials for events and tradeshows.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Digital Arts
California State University, Channel Island - Camarillo, CA, United States
Associate of Arts Degree in Motion Graphics, Cinematography
Ventura College - Ventura, CA, United States
Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®)