Ricardo Leon Jimenez
Verified Expert in Design
Ricardo has over 10 years of experience in product design with startups and major brands. He has a solid foundation in human-centered design, design thinking, and agile. Ricardo has led the implementation of design systems applying Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Google Material Design, and Bootstrap. He is well-versed in user research, user experience (UX), user interface design, SaaS, Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Slack, and Jira.
PwC Gives Their Team the Tools to Visualize Their Workflows
Toshiba Helps Teachers Focus More on Educating and Less on Grading Tests
The Adventures of Enzo and Friends
Managing Director, Product Design
- Founded and led an independent design studio with a unique creative leadership approach, working with clients such as PwC, Pacific Life, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Focused on the tech, engineering, finance, hospitality, and government segments.
- Performed user research, UI/UX design, wireframes, prototyping, visual design, illustrations, and user testing services.
US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Advanced the mission to adjudicate millions of immigration requests.
- Accelerated transition to digital immigration processing.
- Designed solutions to support refugees and asylum programs.
Chief Product Designer
- Worked for Megapixel Software, an early-stage startup that offers its enterprise partners a cloud-based platform to automate grading paper-based assessments.
- Owned the FlashGrade product experience and marketing initiatives for the web, mobile, and multifunction printers.
- Drove the design of value-added solutions for our enterprise customers to help them grow revenue and differentiate from the competition.
Senior Product Manager
- Collaborated with my team to oversee the SuccessFactors mobile learning apps used by major organizations like Colgate, Marriott, and Hugo Boss to train their employees worldwide.
- Led a design and development team located in the U.S., India, and China.
- Drove customer satisfaction by shipping new features, understanding customer needs, helping resolve customer escalations, and responding to customer inquiries and issues.
Mobile Product Manager and Designer (Contract)
- Worked on the Amtrak mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone, and Amtrak mobile site. Millions of unique visitors a month use it to book trip tickets, check train status, search for trip information, and access their eTickets.
- Introduced a new booking user experience for Amtrak mobile.
- Coordinated a multi-channel marketing campaign to drive awareness of the mobile app.
Co-founder | Creative Mind
- Oversaw all of the design and product initiatives.
- Designed a series of educational games called The Adventures of Enzo and Friends; they aimed to teach young children social skills.
- Developed mobile games and storybooks in collaboration with a creative team distributed worldwide.
- Worked on Nokia HERE which provided mapping content, navigation services, and location solutions.
- Led the development of digital platforms for merchants and small businesses.
- Managed one of the ten projects that were instrumental to Nokia and Microsoft's strategic partnership, which aimed to create a new global mobile ecosystem.
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Space Studies
International Space University - Strasbourg, France
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, GA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring