Verified Expert in Design
Robb is a digital designer with 15+ years of experience with digital agencies, big businesses, and startups. He specializes in product and experience design for behavioral change. Robb's impressive client list includes Honda, Volkswagen, Sky, Speedo, Louis Vuitton, Natural History Museum, Southbank Center, Cineworld, Amnesty International, Oxfam, Red Cross, and Samaritans. Robb is drawn to projects that create positive environmental and social change alongside commercial value.
Ōrke Consulting Ltd
- Established the agency and provided service, product, and experience design for environmental, social, and commercial value.
- Participated in launching a zero-waste, subscription-based, luxury home and personal care brand, focusing on customer experience across digital and physical touchpoints, digital and physical product design, and brand strategy.
- Researched and designed a human-centered digital transformation program, which included new digital services (dashboards, data-driven insights, reporting, booking and scheduling tools) and a full design system for an environmental services business.
- Designed and helped launch a plant care app that connects retailers and plant owners, using smart notifications, which in turn are based on a massive dataset organized for plant growth optimization.
- Researched and designed a healthtech product to enable patients undergoing surgery to give legally compliant remote consent and achieve better outcomes through targeted behavioral change while also giving NHS trusts better visibility on those outcomes.
- Designed and launched a market intelligence platform for innovators in the insurance sector, focused on surfacing disruptive innovation, and presented market and financial data visually through hyper-personalized dashboards.
Head of Product Innovation and Design
- Built a team of service and product designers to create a next-generation diabetes care product, using various research, product planning, project management, and design tools.
- Directed significant, global user research programs (interviews, surveys, and ethnography) to understand the needs of people with diabetes and inform behavioral approaches to blood sugar management.
- Led a design team through a comprehensive design system and brand-creation process which functioned across four culturally diverse launch markets, achieving cohesive brand experiences through various touchpoints.
- Created a long-term product vision aligned to fully validated designs and roadmap, leading to dramatically improved outcomes for people with diabetes across our four launch markets.
Nationwide Building Society
- Contributed to Nationwide's first-ever design system, the Nationwide Experience Language, which facilitates joined-up journeys across physical and digital touchpoints.
- Led product- and service-design activities surrounding Nationwide's response to a significant regulatory change, leading to a range of new digital propositions that help members build financial resilience.
- Researched and designed an internal digital tool that helps branch staff manage ATMs, resulting in enhanced availability for members and dramatic reduction in servicing and maintenance fees.
- Conducted research and designed an automated financial advice tool that opens up access to high-quality financial advice to a greater number of members, leading to increased savings balances and new investment account subscriptions.
- Guided cross-functional product and design teams in their use of research, prototyping, and design tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, and Treejack, as well as research techniques, including diary studies, in-depth interviews, and usability studies.
- Managed a team of business analysts, UX consultants, designers, and front-end developers to deliver cutting-edge digital experiences for a range of household names.
- Led research and design activities for STA Travel's first-ever app, which integrated various third-party systems, allowing travelers to access all their holiday booking information in one place and on their phone rather than having to print it all out.
- Directed research and design activities for Honda's first car companion app, which allowed Honda owners to monitor their vehicle's condition, anticipate maintenance events, and book Honda-approved services from their phones.
- Implemented user-centered processes that delivered measurable results for clients, driving new business and account growth. This helped move the agency beyond consistent large losses to solid profitability.
- Led the design of a new community for young artists from disadvantaged backgrounds in partnership with Louis Vuitton, Southbank Center, South London Gallery, and Dazed & Confused magazine.
- Assisted the Natural History Museum to evolve their digital brand and bring their extensive collections online for the first time in the Museum's history.
- Designed the first Google Maps-based interactive map of cycle routes in the UK for Sustrans, the UK's leading cycling charity.
- Wrote and designed one of the first alternate reality games for the British Red Cross. It went on to become their most successful digital campaign ever and won a BIMA award.
- Designed and modeled the first charity island in SecondLife for the World Wildlife Fund. The island received press attention around the world, including from the BBC and Sky News.
- Created the designs for Speedo's digital experiences in support of the 2012 Beijing Olympics, where Michael Phelps won four gold medals in a Speedo swimsuit.