Verified Expert in Design
Shiva is the type of designer who loves to solve challenging problems and make them look simple. He likes to employ a no-nonsense, straightforward user-centered design (UCD) approach backed by science and experience, bringing about consistency and reliability in his solutions.
Lead UX Designer
Mind Lens Worldwide
- Delivered an all-in-one mobile app to manage product offerings of Globe Telecom.
- Streamlined and simplified the onboarding of large, multi-national companies to corporate banking for DBS Bank.
- Created an on-the-go office ergonomics assessment tool for Synergy Consulting.
- Conceptualized a unified documents submission system for the building and construction authority.
Senior Design Consultant
- Helped a Delhi-based luxury startup that sold high-end woman's footwear to create a seamless, mobile-first experience for designing and buying footwear.
- Created a mobile application to help relationship managers create, track, and manage leads, and have all the information necessary to efficiently sell insurance on the go.
- Designed a job portal for non-employees which also acted as a gateway to the intranet for existing employees for a Kenyan multinational company.
- Fashioned a platform for viewing, buying, and managing different products and services that a multinational satellite TV network in Africa offered.
- Conducted over 30 stakeholder and user interviews across six countries for a global German certification company on an ongoing customer experience to reframe the project.
Senior UX Consultant
Human Factors International
- Built a predefined MVP of a social mobile application which adhered to agile methodology. For people with expenses who wanted to share responsibility for the payment, this tracking and payments app allowed customers to create and invite contributors to settle an outstanding bill. Once the bill had been settled, the initiator could then cash-out the funds into his bank account.
- Helped redefine the online banking experience as part of a detailed design team for a prominent bank by analyzing the existing internet-banking flows and optimizing them. We then got these flows approved by the stakeholders and designed new screens following the design guidelines that we have initially created.
- Conducted formative and summative product testing for a couple of medical products for a German multinational pharmaceutical company to ascertain their market requirement and final approval before launch.
- Helped a prominent South African bank strategize their online lending portfolio. Conducted multiple stakeholder interviews across different lending products to understand their siloed business goals and helped define an overarching omnichannel strategy.
- Conducted user research for gathering data regarding cell phone usage pattern. By understanding the users' mental model, we helped determine the cause for their habit of getting a new sim card every other month. We further provided a strategic roadmap to overcome this odd habit.
- Created a satellite-based interactive information system for Indian farmers to help them get relevant timely information.
- Designed multiple emotional games for children age aged between 6-to-12 years old to improve their emotional quotient.
- Conducted user interviews to better understand the users’ needs and conducted formative user testing to evaluate designs.
- Worked on the designing multiple interior components of a direct-cool refrigerator which is now available in Asian markets.
- Worked on the styling and functionality for an electric mop to replace the traditional Indian method of sweeping and mopping.
Master's Degree in Product Design
MIT Institute of Design - Pune, India
Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)
Human Factors International
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring