Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Alex is an international professional and entrepreneur with a solid track record in strategy, venture building, and technology. With strong experience in a go-to-market strategy, operations, and financing, he is interested in scaling early and growth ventures in various verticals. Alex has worked extensively in the EMEA, Asia Pacific, and Latin American regions. He is eager to be engaged with top companies and help them tackle exciting challenges.
MiMercado an AB-Inbev B2B Marketplace
Chief Technology and Product Officer
- Oversaw the set up of the digital and technology operations, delivering four key digital products within the company. Managed a considerable profit and loss (P&L) statement.
- Took over a significant part of the operation to restructure and enhance efficiencies. Mapped out all areas and implemented improvements via digital tools, enhanced communications, 365 visibility of the operation, and change management practices.
- Structured and set up the business funding activities which resulted in securing Series B funding from international institutional investors reaching the upper 10 million USD mark.
- Structured a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) around payment networks.
- Defined tokenomics, a product roadmap, and a go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the Latin American market.
- Restructured the fintech flux payments for a Web3 environment.
Independent Business Strategy Consultant
- Secured $100 thousand for pilot projects in emerging economies and advised on an IFC-led cleantech project in the HVAC sector.
- Led the restructuring of an HVAC player in the Mexican market. Focused on digital transformation, change management, and business strategy. As a result, the company has made considerable operational improvements to prepare to sell the business.
- Collaborated with the DAO on the launch of CitaDAO’s token to fundraise the purchase of two historic properties in the UK through decentralized finance, grow the community to 4,000 members, and generate revenue of $4 million.
- Assisted in securing funding for two startups in Europe within the e-mobility and energy sectors.
Chief Technology and Product Officer
- Led the tech, product, and go-to-market strategies for two portfolio ventures in Middle America, including Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and the Dominican Republic.
- Helped maintain a business operation reaching $3 million in monthly sales, over ten thousand MAU, and $150 in the LTV by integrating and maintaining microservices, automation services, data-led business insights, and the service uptime of 99%.
- Recruited and mentored a fully remote team of product managers, developers, data analysts, UX designers, engineers, security professionals, and business analysts.
- Served as an integral member and brokered a commercial agreement and strategic investment of $3 million for a fintech startup in the Latin American region.
- Managed complex internal and external stakeholder relations by coordinating a strategy within the ABI Global headquarters, regional zones, and external partners, such as Microsoft, At BCG Digital Ventures, and NTT Data.
- Led a team to analyze, define and implement solutions across sales, customer care, and logistics areas within AB-Inbev.
- Assumed responsibility for the scale-up, restructuring, and funding for Simplify, a telecom startup in Southeast Asia, brokering an investment of $1 million. Conducted fundraising activities in the Bay Area, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Structured a 90-unit real-estate development venture worth $15 million.
- Bid to implement an interoperable payment system for Mexico City’s massive transport system. Headed the consortium’s efforts from product definition to the bidding process with local authorities.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Secured $500,000 of seed investment from a venture capital fund based in the MENA region.
- Defined a technology and market entry strategy. Brokered deals with innovation ecosystems in Dubai, i.e., Silicon Wadi, Abu Dhabi, and Cairo.
- Devised a product and technology roadmap. Launched a product under budget and led all aspects of its development.
Senior Business Developer
London & Partners
- Led the setting up of London’s first government-sponsored digital accelerator program for SMEs, which resulted in an additional £26 million of inward investment in the local economy.
- Recruited a team of three junior project managers to expand the accelerator’s activities.
- Managed complex stakeholder relationships across government and private sector representatives.
- Led a company-wide change management project, resulting in the setup of a customer care service and digitalization of processes.
Digital strategy and writer
This Big City
- Oversaw the expansion of the digital media outlet to five other languages while training content managers and editors.
- Originated deals with the World Bank, universities, and Siemens to manage digital media campaigns for their portfolio events.
- Reached an audience of around 6 million readers monthly in the EMEA, LatAm, and APAC regions.
Master's Degree in Development
University College London - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
Universidad Iberoamericana - Mexico City, Mexico