Chicago, IL, United States
Member since March 21, 2017
As CEO of a $15 million private equity fund, Amit developed a financial model that disrupts the traditional fund structure by eliminating management fees and yielding industry-leading returns. During his MBA at Kellogg, he developed a passion for freelance consulting, where he leverages his extensive experience in valuation, financial forecasting, and complex capital raises. His client base ranges from startup founders to CFOs of large companies.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)2004 - PRESENTRama Group International
Focus areas: Private Equity, Financial Strategy, Financial Modeling, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Real Estate Finance, Debt Restructuring, Business Plan Development, Equity Financing, Equity Valuation, Pitch Deck Financials
- Led the financial modeling of the company and specific projects domestically and internationally.
- Oversaw 4 separate operational teams that source, vet, develop, and monetize real estate projects.
- Spearheaded the sourcing team’s effort in filling market gaps for calculated opportunities in increasing IRR.
- Implemented all the characteristics of the fundamental analysis such as IRR, ROI, risk level, and opportunity cost in choosing the company’s investments.
- Raised over $15 million in funding through various joint venture and limited partnership efforts.
- Prepared a 10-year monthly financial model and crafted an investor-ready pitch deck for 3 separate $5 million raises to launch a unique real estate development fund.
- Prepared a market study focused on market and competitive landscape, market potential in surrounding pockets of Chicago, and potential wholesale/retail exit strategies for a Chicago-based real estate private equity fund.
- Prepared an annual corporate valuation based on discount cash flow models and market analyses to effectively raise more funds.
- Conducted an annual primary research market study to determine the market potential for new developments in surrounding areas of Chicago.
- Oversaw construction budgets—reduced the cost by utilizing economies of scale purchasing and by creating efficiencies in general contractor relationships.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)2004 - PRESENTRama Tours
Focus areas: Budgeting, Financial Strategy, Fundraising, Profitability Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), P&L Forecasting
- Created new spreadsheets for financial modeling, inclusive of forecasts, discount cash flow, scenario planning with bottom-up vs. top-down opportunities, and sales forecasts.
- Analyzed budget vs. actual results on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Increased sales by 100% within the first year by defining the framework of the company and creating longer contract times with B2B clients.
- Helped to decide the amount of fundraising by analyzing the market size and growth capacities of different market segments, the North American consumer spending capacity for travel, and investment needs in order to reach 23% CAGR.
- Analyzed 2 merger opportunities and 1 acquisition opportunity from a financial growth, market capitalization, and balance sheet perspective—leading to 1 acquisition and 2 rejections for mergers.
- Senior Auditor2003 - 2004McGladrey & Pullen
Focus areas: Profitability Analysis, Balance Sheets, Balance Sheet Calculation, Internal Audits, Financial Model Auditing, Business Taxes
- Led 7 different audits of financial statements (both income statement and balance sheet analyses) for companies with annual revenues between $500 million and $2.5 billion.
- Performed full audits of the public, private, government bodies and not-for-profit companies—including all balance sheets and profit and loss accounts under budget.
- Performed major and unusual testing of income statement accounts as well as SAS 99 related testing.
- Performed and implemented new internal control procedures for areas of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Corrected errors made by clients through the use of adjusting journal entries.
- Interacted with CEOs, CFOs, and controllers regarding auditing procedures, discussions of accounting techniques, material errors or findings, and company objectives.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing2010 - 2012Kellogg School of Management - Evanston, IL, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting2000 - 2003University of Illinois at Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Business Commerce1997 - 2000Shri Ram College of Commerce - New Delhi, India