Verified Expert in Finance
Aram is an INSEAD MBA graduate and experienced consulting and strategy professional with 10+ years of experience across Europe, MENA, and Asia. He's worked for early and late-stage startups, mid-sized clients, and large multinationals in industries like web3, crypto, fintech, eCommerce, automotive, utilities, energy, etc. Aram has excellent analytical, finance, presentation, and communication skills. He expertly delivers results under pressure and loves having an actual impact!
Siemens Energy Corporate Strategy for Its Spin-off and Public Listing
Co-Founder & CEO
- Pitched the idea to build a decentralized and user-owned web3 freelance marketplace and secured pre-seed funding from Antler Singapore startup incubator (1% success rate).
- Went through many idea iterations, identified a market gap in the web3 talent-hiring space, developed the strategy, conducted 100+ customer discovery interviews, and tested for the product-market fit.
- Prioritized the product features and built the initial MVP, drafted the whitepaper, including tokenomics, set up the workflow processes, grew the talent community to 1000+, and closed and onboarded the early paying customers.
Startup Consultant | Advisor | Chief of Staff
Various Early Stage Startups
- Worked with web3, decentralized finance, fintech, B2B SaaS, edtech, eCommerce, and automotive startup founders to help validate ideas, test hypotheses using mockups, and prioritize MVP features.
- Brainstormed with founders and prepared complete financial projections, budget plans, tokenomics, and full pitch decks.
- Managed and implemented the A to Z of investor outreach campaigns and helped founders secure angel, seed, and pre-series A round funding.
Strategy and Digital Consultant | Startup Advisor
- Advised late seed and Series A startups on Southeast Asian market entry strategy development and implementation, including required operational efficiency considerations.
- Developed a customer acquisition strategy and funnel model for a growth-stage SME networking platform.
- Identified key bottlenecks and suggested product improvements for a fintech scaleup, leading to increased conversion ratios and financial product sales by its partner banks.
- Planned the Siemens Energy setup, including Siemens' renewables, gas, and power businesses, and developed a corporate strategy for its carve-out and public listing in 2020.
- Analyzed the market and competitive landscape, forecasted future trends, defined market scenarios, and streamlined the Siemens Energy portfolio to align with the projected corporate growth strategy.
- Drove the oil and gas business transformation, identified cost-saving opportunities to reduce operating expenses by 8%, and developed an implementation plan, managing the process with Jira's online Kanban tool.
Sales and Marketing Director
- Devised sales and marketing strategies based on competitor analysis and historical sales. Implemented strategies to acquire new customers, delivering an annual sales increase of 20%.
- Identified strategic growth opportunities by conducting comprehensive market research in the UAE, Qatar, and Bahrain. Convinced the board to enter the UAE market and led the expansion process.
- Designed new operational and logistics processes aimed at customer service improvement at branches and service centers, resulting in an operating expenses reduction of 19%.
- Examined the company's past performance and enacted new marketing and sales strategies.
- Adapted to the fast-changing internal and external business conditions, acquiring 9% additional market share.
- Optimized the inventory management process, reducing days inventory outstanding by 19%.
Director of Retail Stores
- Grew the product range by 25% and increased sales by 30%.
- Orchestrated logistics process improvements in warehouses and stores, cutting delivery time by 17%.
- Negotiated with suppliers and introduced new products.
- Built the startup from scratch and led it to become the largest vending machine operator by revenue, with 100+ operational locations.
- Initiated market penetration strategies, reaching sales of over $1 million and achieving profitability in the first year.
- Hired, coached, and grew the team to over 20 employees.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Administration
INSEAD - France and UAE
Master's Degree in Business Administration
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia
Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
Corporate Finance Institute (CFI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring