Verified Expert in Finance
Chace is an accomplished professional with 13 years of expertise in building and growing companies, successfully negotiating deals worth over $100 million, raising more than $50 million in equity, and leading M&A endeavors. He has led strategy, finance, operations, and product efforts for enterprises and SMBs, generating hundreds of millions in revenue and cost savings. Chace joined Toptal to provide CFO and COO services and help companies with fundraising and M&A.
Vision Insurance Business Case
Founder | CEO
- Created a comprehensive financial model for a B2B SaaS company. Aggregated and cleaned up data across multiple tools (i.e., Salesforce, Zoho) to highlight revenue growth opportunities and improved efficiencies. Participated in fundraising strategy.
- Aggregated data within a crypto marketplace to identify the current value of crypto assets and allow for scenario planning based on potential fundraising solutions. Created a clear picture of current financial standing with crypto assets.
- Acted as a fractional CFO for a peer-to-peer marketplace, enabling both sides to leverage unused assets and increase efficiency. Managed treasury efforts on $9M+ investment funds. Identify key cost savings and revenue-generating levers.
Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development
- Directed initiatives that produced $10 billion in funded Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans for over 170 thousand businesses, working across the finance, operations, analytics, sales, partnerships, marketing, and product departments.
- Led and managed mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and fundraising efforts, interfacing with bankers and investors, resulting in a multimillion-dollar raise in early 2022. Created materials used for investor presentations and board communications.
- Built the company's five-year financial model with critical scenario analysis and planning, improving company performance and potential growth visibility, which required data aggregation and evaluation, along with cross-functional collaboration.
- Evaluated the viability of two business units through market research, data analysis, financial modeling, and product and market fit. Presented results to the management teams.
- Created and tested a loan pre-approval marketing campaign, leveraging a database of around a million users.
Director of Strategy and New Business Development
- Led the creation of a new eCommerce site that included virtual try-on technology for glasses and integrated the lab and fulfillment services for a Fortune 10 partner.
- Created the business case and negotiated the agreement with a top three vision insurance company, locking in multimillion-dollar recurring revenue.
- Managed the build and launch of a web-based vision exam within four weeks, which included video and voice recording capabilities, leading to an increase of 25% in conversion within 10 weeks.
- Guided the creation and execution of a product redesign, new marketing campaign, and personalized video for the web-based vision exam. Paved the way for achieving a 2-3 times larger future growth in new and repeat customer usage.
- Analyzed the shipping cost and online order conversion, recommending an approach with $10 million in savings. Coordinated A/B testing as part of the implementation of the recommendations.
- Increased by three times the product development value delivered by uniting two teams, hiring a lead developer, and establishing processes.
Strategy and Corporate Development Manager
- Worked on key M&A opportunities, interfacing with bankers and strategic partners and delivering high-quality data presentations and models, such as the customer lifetime value (LTV) model.
- Co-led an acquisition by sourcing and evaluating potential targets, making recommendations, negotiating terms, and helping in drafting legal agreements.
- Created the email marketing strategy, including an implementation plan with key milestones and key performance indicators (KPIs), paving the way through personalized emails to increase engagement and product purchases by more than 10%.
- Evaluated multiple opportunities, including the divestiture of an investment, creating company-branded products, such as apparel, and improving efficiency within the distribution center.
Business Administration Intern
Multiple Projects and Organizations
- Sourced, evaluated, and recommended the deal pursued and finalized by the search fund, acquiring three dental offices, each with over $1 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA).
- Performed due diligence on multiple companies, built strategic partnerships, and managed teams through due diligence and investment processes.
- Increased international revenue by 225% through targeted social media marketing.
- Created a go-to-market strategy targeting US Hispanics, managing the translation process.
- Developed a framework to facilitate profit and growth trade-off decisions within the product portfolio.
Senior Financial Analyst
Orbital ATK (acquired by Northrop Grumman)
- Influenced strategic decisions and managed finances for a $1.4 billion commercial program. Received specific leadership training and mentoring as a high-potential leader.
- Led the negotiation of international contracts resulting in over $100 million in incremental revenue.
- Developed a strategy for new and follow-on business proposals and modeled the respective financial impacts.
- Designed and implemented standard cost reports from multiple inter-relational database systems to monitor and evaluate the weekly performance of $2 billion commercial programs.
- Created an innovative report to pinpoint causes of production errors, leading to a 70% error reduction.
- Managed teams to ensure projects were planned and executed effectively and within budget.
- Developed a complex valuation model for the real estate industry, highlighting an error in current valuations, resulting in more accurate reporting to investors.
- Identified a $2 million misstatement, resulting in the client deploying major changes to its inventory process.
- Served a $1 billion high-growth renewable energy company with private equity sponsorship and significant global expansion, evaluating the management team and analyzing operational and accounting data.
- Created a model for aggregating and analyzing journal entries, streamlining the audit of a weather technology application.
- Worked autonomously on client projects with the international operations team and mentored staff.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Brigham Young University - Provo, Utah, USA
Harvard Business School Online
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Virginia Board of Accountancy
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring