- Served as the interim vice president of finance for a private equity-backed software-as-a-service ("SaaS") business, learning fundamental business drivers, managing the financial staff, and optimizing reporting processes for the CEO, a former McKinsey consultant, and board members.
- Developed customer and product-line profit estimation tools that enabled customer pricing adjustments and operational productivity improvement projects, driving a 20% improvement in gross margin.
- Built financial models for internal projections and a $12 million equity and debt capital raise for an early-stage SaaS business.
- Redesigned financial reporting, streamlined processes, and completed a sell-side M&A initiative for the exit of a SaaS business to a private equity fund.
- Built and implemented a detailed operating model for a manufacturing company, optimizing $130 million of inventory and production levels for 27 plants.
- Completed due diligence on multiple companies for private equity and other professional investment entities evaluating acquisitions.
- Built leveraged buyout (LBO) and three-statement operating models for SaaS clients with complex revenue recognition policies and manufacturing clients with complicated inventory forecasting requirements.
- Automated recurring reports for Financials, Customer Profitability, Board of Director Presentations from multiple data sources using macros and VBA.
Focus areas: Pivot Tables, PowerPoint Templates, Analytical Review, Controllership, Intuit QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR), 13-week Cash Flow, Board of Directors, Monthly Close Process, Debt, Excel Reporting, Presentations, Cash Flow Management, Revenue Analysis, Sales Analysis, Business Analysis, Data Analytics, Financial Data Analytics, Ad Hoc Modeling, Modeling, Models, Finance Director, Financial Reports, Financials, Scenarios, Analytics, Customer Analysis, Profit Maximization, Portfolio Company Support, Cash Flow Analysis, Rolling Forecasts, Budget Management, Budget Modeling, Excel Modeling, P&L, Post-Merger Integration, Financial Forecasting, Three Statement Operating Model, Corporate Controller, Comparable Company Analysis, NPV, SaaS, Enterprise SaaS, Interactive Dashboards, Three-statement Modeling, CFO, Software as a Service (SaaS), Manufacturing Productivity Improvement, Excel VBA, Private Equity, Dashboards, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Model Building, M&A Modeling, M&A (Sell-side), Customer Lifetime Value, PowerPivot, Cost Accounting, Standard Costing, Software Integration, Variable Costing, Five-year Plans, Interim CFO, Customer Contribution Calculation, Revenue & Expense Projections, Recurring Revenue Modeling, MRP, Free Cash Flow (FCF), ROI, Metric Reporting, Reporting, LBO Modeling, Scenario Analysis, Long-range Plans, Spreadsheet Automation, Process Automation, Gross Profit Margin Growth, Profitability Analysis, Analysis, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, NPV Calculation, DCF Valuation, Financial Modeling, Due Diligence, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Strategic Planning & Execution, Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)