Verified Expert in Finance
Dhruv has worked on successful fundraises and consulting projects worth over $1 billion, with a focus on energy, tech, food, and life science projects across Asia, the US, and Africa. He is a partner at a consulting firm and has more than a decade of experience in fundraising, startup consulting, process improvement, M&A, and project finance. With an MBA in finance, Dhruv enjoys the exposure and sheer variety of assignments that come with freelancing.
Financial Model for a B2B SaaS Company (Series A)
Financial Modeling for a Debt-funded Solar Power Project
Pitch Deck for a Medical Device Company (Pre-series A)
- Built detailed financial models for both the holding and project companies for a $5 million pre-Series A funding. The client, Genh.co, is an innovative modular hydropower generation company in the United States.
- Prepared the financial model and cash flow forecasts for Refactr.it, a US-based B2B SaaS company, for a $5 million pre-Series A fundraising.
- Constructed the financial model and valuation for a US-based medical device company with $500,000 in annual revenue in preparation for a Series A fundraising.
- Drew up the financial model and strategy for Gigworks.co, an eCommerce company and freelance community in SE Asia, targeting a $1 million seed in fundraising.
- Composed the consolidated and standalone model for four business units of an American nutrition company experiencing hyper-growth. The financial model included customer funnels, CAC, LTV, three statements, sensitivities, and variance analyses.
- Prepared the detailed three-statement financial model and reporting formats for iSocrates.com, an enterprise SaaS product and service company, for fundraising and internal KPI tracking. Provided ongoing support to them on FP&A and related models.
- Developed a financial model for three geographies for a $40 million turnover B2B SaaS company in workforce management. The model included customer funnels, LTV/CAC, payback calculations by region, hiring plans, and three-statement forecasts.
- Built the detailed financial model for four separate revenue channels for a funded US-based healthtech company with SaaS product and service offerings. The model included cohort analysis, customer funnels, LTV/CAC, and three financial statements.
- Assisted Eligo Energy, a leading energy retailer in the USA. Improved the functionality and accuracy of their consolidated financial model. Built out the cohort analysis, churn, error checking, summary reports, and model audit.
- Contributed expertise to Evryman, a US social health and wellness company, on their first fundraising round approximating $1-2 million. Prepared detailed financial models for all revenue channels, financial KPI tracking, cohort analysis, and LTV/CAC.
AND Business Consulting
- Prepared the detailed three-statement financial model, valuation, and LTV and CAC calculations for an electric vehicle corporation's $21 million Series A round and upcoming $65 million Series B round.
- Secured the term sheet for $750,000 of angel funding for the master franchisor of F45 Training, a leading international fitness chain. Prepared the information memorandum, pitch deck, and financial model and reviewed investor term sheets.
- Carried out market research on the life sciences, education, and industrial infra sectors for Cerestra, a leading private equity firm (Cerestra.in), raising a $300 million fund and seeking to list it as a REIT/InvIT.
- Elaborated the business plan, market entry strategy, and financial model for a leading hotel chain seeking to diversify into D2C food products for their online and offline distribution models. The product has been pilot-launched.
- Obtained $1 million of the angel and venture capital funding for Our Food (Ourfood.co.in), an agri-tech startup. The funding was needed to expand its domestic operations. Prepared the business plan, pitch deck, financial model, and term sheets.
- Built detailed financial models for the World Bank to help monitor the performance of select power distribution companies in India with revenues over $5 billion.
- Carried out the financial and commercial due diligence, valuation, and financial modeling for the M&A buy-side transaction of a Canadian data center company on behalf of an angel investor group. It led to successful investment in the target company.
- Assisted Deccan Healthcare (Deccan.healthcare), a wellness product company, to raise $6 million from its 2018 IPO by preparing the company information memorandum and financial model.
- Prepared the information memorandum, pitch deck, and financial model for a $3 million fundraise for Zystus (Zystusnutraceuticals.com), an Indian nutraceutical company.
- Drew up the project feasibility report, financial model, and pitch deck for an integrated 50 MW $150 million natural gas to a bitcoin mining project in Alberta, Canada. Fundraising is currently in progress.
Spark Infra Advisors Pvt
- Led a cross-functional team for the end-to-end project development for a $3 million solar power project. Handled all activities, from bid submission to financial closure to successful design, construction, and commissioning of the project.
- Handled project financing activities (contract analysis, financial analysis, modeling, and documentation) for Sarayu Group for a $15 million wind power project. Phase 1 ($3 million) was successfully commissioned, and the rest is under implementation.
- Provided project financing support, including contract analysis, financial analysis, modeling, and documentation, for KVK Group's $50 million solar power project in Nigeria. The agreement was executed, and the project is under implementation.
- Performed due diligence, contract drafting, and negotiation for KVK Group to sell a coal power project in India, completing the transaction successfully.
- Built a financial model and analyzed contracts for a client's tariff dispute with the state electricity board. Settled the claim in favor of the client with a claim amount of around $3 million.
- Carried out financial feasibility and detailed cost of real estate investments in the residential, commercial, and mixed-use sectors for an HNI/Angel investor. The client completed the investment of $10 million based on the assessments.
- Provided contract drafting, negotiation, and investor documentation for Sarayu Group to sell a wind power project in India, thereafter the transaction was completed.
Synergy Consulting, Inc.
- Performed financial modeling and debt structuring for a consortium consisting of ACWA Power's and Siemens' participation in the competitive bid for Dubai’s first independent power project (IPP) with a project cost of $500 million.
- Built a detailed financial model and performed a contract review for Saudi Aramco for the first district cooling project financed on a non-recourse basis in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with a project cost of $160 million.
- Carried out due diligence, valuation, and financial modeling for TAQA, Abu Dhabi's energy holding company, for acquisition (via a competitive bid) of two coal power projects (buy-side) with a project cost of $100 million.
- Built a detailed financial model for Marafeq Qatar for the development of a district cooling project in Lusail City, the largest development in Qatar, with a project cost of $75 million.
- Analyzed the contract structure and financial projections of an IPP with a methane extraction plant worth $200 million. The project was part of the Rwandan government's private-public partnership (PPP) initiative.
- Carried out due diligence, valuation, term sheet drafting, and financial modeling for PPN Power for the sale of a coal power project in India (sell-side), with a project cost of $50 million.
- Handled the contractual and financial analysis for Qatar Electricity and Water Company for extension of the concession agreement for its independent water and power project in Qatar.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - Ahmedabad, India
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology - Hyderabad, India
Valuation (Online Class)
TechStars and Kauffman Fellows
Python and Statistics for Financial Analysis
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Tableau — Desktop I
SEO for WordPress (Block and Classic Editors)
Yoast SEO Academy
Certification in Financial Markets (Derivatives)
National Stock Exchange of India