Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Ellen specializes in answering her clients' complex financial and analytical questions with innovative techniques. She is excited to bring to Toptal clients a vast set of tools to employ on analytical projects. Her unique talent is a seamless combination of data sourcing, programming, financial analysis, storyboarding, and visualization.
Park City Finance, LLC
- Constructed a custom budget model for a multi-billion-dolllar real estate portfolio. The model generated fullly custom financial statements for each individual property that then rolled up into regions and corporate.
- Built extensive retail models for an eCommerce business to analyze sales over a wide variety of SKUs and wholesale partners. Created custom metrics to monitor for opportunities to expand the assortment at various retailers.
- Tightly integrated the data warehouse with analytical tools with SQL, PowerPivot, and Power BI.
- Created pro-forma financial statements for a pre-revenue company that included debt convenants and headcount detail.
UBS Warburg Energy
- Set up and managed the interest-rate and foreign-currency hedging operation for the energy-trading subsidiary of UBS Warburg.
Director of Financial Trading
- Structured and executed interest-rate swaps and swaptions on up to $750 million in notional principal, including amortizing structures.
- Devised currency-hedging strategies for various internal and external exposure.
- Managed a $2 billion Canadian fixed-income portfolio.
- Traded US Treasury and Eurodollar futures as well as sovereign cash instruments.
- Traded spot, forwards, and par forwards, in all major currencies.
Munder Capital Management
- Managed over fifty institutional fixed-income portfolios.
- Traded mortgage-backed securities, agency debentures, and U.S. Treasuries.
- Designed and programmed a fixed-income trading application used by the entire fixed-income department for portfolio management, trading, and trade clearing.
- Worked on fixed-income derivatives and equity proprietary-trading desks.
- Managed all interest-rate and foreign-currency exposures for a $1 billion portfolio.
- Developed and implemented exotic dual-commodity, path-dependent option models.
- Valued asset acquisition and divestitures, including a $170-million physical-asset acquisition.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Financial Analysis
Association for Investment Management and Research - Nationwide (USA)
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Corporate Strategy
Ross School of Business, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting
Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Stanford University | via Coursera