Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Ellen specializes in answering her clients' complex financial and analytical questions with innovative techniques. She is excited to bring to Toptal clients a vast set of tools to employ on analytical projects. Her unique talent is a seamless combination of data sourcing, programming, financial analysis, storyboarding, and visualization.
Park City Finance, LLC
- Constructed a custom budget model for a multi-billion-dolllar real estate portfolio. The model generated fullly custom financial statements for each individual property that then rolled up into regions and corporate.
- Built extensive retail models for an eCommerce business to analyze sales over a wide variety of SKUs and wholesale partners. Created custom metrics to monitor for opportunities to expand the assortment at various retailers.
- Tightly integrated the data warehouse with analytical tools with SQL, PowerPivot, and Power BI.
- Created pro-forma financial statements for a pre-revenue company that included debt convenants and headcount detail.
UBS Warburg Energy
- Set up and managed the interest-rate and foreign-currency hedging operation for the energy-trading subsidiary of UBS Warburg.
Director of Financial Trading
- Structured and executed interest-rate swaps and swaptions on up to $750 million in notional principal, including amortizing structures.
- Devised currency-hedging strategies for various internal and external exposure.
- Managed a $2 billion Canadian fixed-income portfolio.
- Traded US Treasury and Eurodollar futures as well as sovereign cash instruments.
- Traded spot, forwards, and par forwards, in all major currencies.
Munder Capital Management
- Managed over fifty institutional fixed-income portfolios.
- Traded mortgage-backed securities, agency debentures, and U.S. Treasuries.
- Designed and programmed a fixed-income trading application used by the entire fixed-income department for portfolio management, trading, and trade clearing.
- Worked on fixed-income derivatives and equity proprietary-trading desks.
- Managed all interest-rate and foreign-currency exposures for a $1 billion portfolio.
- Developed and implemented exotic dual-commodity, path-dependent option models.
- Valued asset acquisition and divestitures, including a $170-million physical-asset acquisition.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Financial Analysis
Association for Investment Management and Research - Nationwide (USA)
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Corporate Strategy
Ross School of Business, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting
Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Stanford University | via Coursera
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring