SVP Strategy and Business Development Europe
2015 - PRESENT
- Developed and led the sales strategy and initiatives, including replicating in continental Europe the successful business model pioneered in the UK.
- Generated a new business pipeline of over $50 million worth of projects within first nine months.
- Solved the clients’ primary concern by bundling unique financing and lending packages which expanded project pipeline by over 200%.
- Generated a deep client relationship with number 2 media owner in Europe; now on the client's short-list for all project bids.
- Negotiated two tranches of financing for a client which won a €5 million sale.
Focus areas: Pricing Strategy, Financial Strategy, Finance Strategy, Corporate Finance, Sales, Business Development
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The American Organic Company
2014 - PRESENT
- Negotiated a national (US) distribution and investment agreement with a NYSE-listed public company as well as all supplier agreements with full contract drafting responsibility.
- Revamped a procurement strategy—resulting in a year-to-year savings of 30% versus the prior year.
- Led the fundraising activities, including $300,000 raised from angel investors.
- Negotiated multiple $5 million asset-backed trade finance offerings as well as a complex SBIC debt structure with $5 billion AUM hedge fund.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development, Financial Business Planning, Revenue & Expense Projections, Negotiation, Fundraising, Startup Funding, Venture Funding, Debt, Angel/Seed Funding
Swiss Investment Bank
2009 - 2015
- Independently originated, in a single year, over $1 billion worth of deal volume. Personally originated three sell-side mandates with up-front retainers totaling over $300,000.
- Led the deal team in the acquisition of a global portfolio of ExxonMobil aviation fuel assets.
- Was requested by client CEO and shareholders to restart negotiations in an M&A transaction when discussions reached an impasse. Regained control of the process, restarted talks, and guided the transaction through a successful sale at 4 times the market price.
- Flew to South Africa and Mozambique, with a 4-hour notice, to develop a 30-page financial model in Excel with the client CEO and CFO. Led discussions with institutional and private investors during IPO and successfully raised circa $80 million.
- Saved the client $2.5 million by independently negotiating improved terms with the lender on a circa $17 million debt offering.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Memoranda, Financial Modeling, Strategic Finance Management, Finance Strategy, Financial Strategy, Financial Business Planning, Business Plan Development, Fundraising, Funding Process, Late-stage Funding