New York, NY, United States
Member since August 24, 2017
Evan is a former investment bank VP offering a simple value prop: better-than-Wall-Street quality documents and advice at a fraction of the price. He’s sat in every seat at the boardroom table as a director, shareholder, executive, and advisor and has raised $75 million and led IPOs, acquisitions, and divestments. He enjoys helping businesses plan and refine their strategy, prepare for corporate actions, and hone their capital-raising approach.
- Partner2017 - PRESENTUnicorn Capital II LLC
Focus areas: Pitch Decks, Business Plans, Investor Documents, Capital Raising, Pitchdecks, Information Memoranda, Confidential Information Memoranda (CIMs), Teasers, Executive Summaries, Capital, Deal Advisory, Business Advisory, Funding Strategies, Graphic Design
- Developed pitches and investor documents have successfully pitched SoftBank, Korea Investment Partners, GV (Google Ventures), Silicon Valley Super Angels, NFL team owners, and more.
- Produced work that was used to raise more than $1 million/week in 2018.
- Helped clients to have a more than 50% hit rate for successfully raising capital.
- Built a pitch deck for a company backed by Sir Richard Branson and Mark Cuban.
- Co-raised—with a client on our fourth project together—more than $12.8 million within three weeks.
- SVP Strategy and Business Development Europe2015 - 2017SIS Digital
Focus areas: Pricing Strategy, Financial Strategy, Finance Strategy, Corporate Finance, Sales, Business Development
- Developed and led the sales strategy and initiatives, including replicating in continental Europe the successful business model pioneered in the UK.
- Generated a new business pipeline of over $50 million worth of projects within first nine months.
- Solved the clients’ primary concern by bundling unique financing and lending packages which expanded project pipeline by over 200%.
- Generated a deep client relationship with number 2 media owner in Europe; now on the client's short-list for all project bids.
- Negotiated two tranches of financing for a client which won a €5 million sale.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)2014 - 2016The American Organic Company
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development, Financial Business Planning, Revenue & Expense Projections, Negotiation, Fundraising, Startup Funding, Venture Funding, Debt, Angel/Seed Funding
- Negotiated a national (US) distribution and investment agreement with an NYSE-listed public company as well as all supplier agreements with full contract drafting responsibility.
- Revamped a procurement strategy—resulting in a year-to-year savings of 30% versus the prior year.
- Led the fundraising activities, including $300,000 raised from angel investors.
- Negotiated multiple $5 million asset-backed trade finance offerings as well as a complex SBIC debt structure with $5 billion AUM hedge fund.
- Vice President2009 - 2015Swiss Investment Bank
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Memoranda, Financial Modeling, Strategic Finance Management, Finance Strategy, Financial Strategy, Financial Business Planning, Business Plan Development, Fundraising, Funding Process, Late-stage Funding
- Independently originated, in a single year, over $1 billion worth of deal volume. Personally originated three sell-side mandates with up-front retainers totaling over $300,000.
- Led the deal team in the acquisition of a global portfolio of ExxonMobil aviation fuel assets.
- Was requested by client CEO and shareholders to restart negotiations in an M&A transaction when discussions reached an impasse. Regained control of the process, restarted talks, and guided the transaction through a successful sale at 4 times the market price.
- Flew to South Africa and Mozambique, with a 4-hour notice, to develop a 30-page financial model in Excel with the client CEO and CFO. Led discussions with institutional and private investors during IPO and successfully raised circa $80 million.
- Saved the client $2.5 million by independently negotiating improved terms with the lender on a circa $17 million debt offering.
- Bachelor of Science of Business Administration (BSBA) in Finance and International Business2005 - 2009Villanova University - Villanova, PA, USA
- Foreign Studies in Chinese Language, Business, and Cultural Studies2007 - 2007East China Normal University - Shanghai, PRC
- Foreign Studies in Italian Language2006 - 2006Universita degli Studi di Urbino - Urbino, Italy