Verified Expert in Finance
Evan is a former investment bank VP offering a simple value prop: better-than-Wall-Street quality documents and advice at a fraction of the price. His work resulted in over $5 billion invested in SMEs by top-tier investors, including a16z, SoftBank, Tiger, and more. He has sat in every seat at the boardroom table as a director, shareholder, executive, and advisor. Evan enjoys helping businesses plan, refine their strategies, prepare for corporate actions, and hone their capital-raising approach.
$100M Luxury Yachts Business (Successfully Exited)
$5 Million Series A VC Round Pitch Deck
Aerospace Pitch Deck | $20M Raise for Satellite Launch
Luxury B2B Pitch Deck
- Sourced and vetted prospective investments (both for the internal fund as well as syndicate partners).
- Developed funding strategies and issue termsheets to potential portfolio companies.
- Worked with our portfolio companies on improving their businesses, typically focusing on institutional capital and corporate strategy.
- Managed syndicate partner relationships and onboarded additional syndicate partners.
Unicorn Business Plans
- Developed pitches and investor documents have successfully pitched SoftBank, Tiger, a16z, Canaan, Google Ventures, Silicon Valley super angels, NFL team owners, and more.
- Produced work to raise more than $5 billion for SMEs and funds.
- Helped clients achieve an 80%+ hit rate for successfully raising capital.
- Built a Series B pitch deck for an AR/VR company backed by Sir Richard Branson and Mark Cuban.
- Worked four times with a cannabis industry client and raised $12.8 million within three weeks.
SVP of Strategy and Business Development in Europe
- Developed and led the sales strategy and initiatives, including replicating in continental Europe the successful business model pioneered in the UK.
- Generated a new business pipeline of over $50 million worth of projects within the first nine months.
- Solved the clients’ primary concern by bundling unique financing and lending packages which expanded project pipeline by over 200%.
- Generated a deep client relationship with the number two media owner in Europe; now on the client's short-list for all project bids.
- Negotiated two tranches of financing for a client which won a €5-million sale.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The American Organic Company
- Negotiated a national (US) distribution and investment agreement with an NYSE-listed public company as well as all supplier agreements with full contract drafting responsibility.
- Revamped a procurement strategy—resulting in a year-to-year savings of 30% versus the prior year.
- Led the fundraising activities, including $300,000 raised from angel investors.
- Negotiated multiple $5 million asset-backed trade finance offerings as well as a complex SBIC debt structure with $5 billion AUM hedge fund.
Swiss Investment Bank
- Saved the client $2.5 million by independently negotiating improved terms with the lender on a circa $17 million debt offering.
- Restarted negotiations at the request of the client CEO and shareholders in an M&A transaction when discussions reached an impasse. Regained control of the process, restarted talks, and guided the transaction to a successful sale at 4x market price.
- Advised and assisted in public listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Bachelor of Science of Business Administration (BSBA) in Finance and International Business
Villanova University - Villanova, PA, USA
Foreign Studies in Chinese Language, Business, and Cultural Studies
East China Normal University - Shanghai, PRC
Foreign Studies in Italian Language
Universita degli Studi di Urbino - Urbino, Italy