Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Member since June 5, 2017
Gavin has spent 15 years building and growing companies from scratch to profitability. At Peregrine, he successfully established new hedge funds and raised R1 billion in new assets. As a freelance financial expert, Gavin specializes in advising B2C and B2B mobile commerce and mobile app businesses to maximize cost per acquisition, ROI and sales via data-driven analysis, business modeling, and building customized KPI dashboards.
- Executive2018 - PRESENTThunda
Focus areas: Modelling, Marketing, AI Systems, eCommerce
- Built a detailed financial model focused on customer acquisition.
- Implemented data mining technology to report on all areas of the business.
- Developed a conversational commerce bot to generate leads and sales in a Facebook messenger environment.
- Built complex reporting systems to enable the real-time tracking of the system performance.
- Developed an integrated marketing outbound system to manage the generated leads.
- Founder | Director2013 - PRESENTBlue Private Equity
Focus areas: Valuation Modeling, business modeling , Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Reporting, Due Dilligence
- Built a sophisticated financial model to value potential investments worth between $5 million and $15 million.
- Directed valuations to assist investors in five private company acquisitions valued at $12 million.
- Performed due diligence on business and financial aspects of a fund for high net worth (HNW) investors.
- Mentored CEOs in financial and business planning and monitored portfolio companies.
- Designed and implemented the fund's reporting framework and infographics.
- Founded the fund and played an instrumental role in forming the effective management team.
- Founder | CEO2010 - PRESENTHalyard Consulting and Investments
Focus areas: Financial Products, Hedge Fund Services, Cash Management Analysis, compliance systems, Innovation
- Created and pioneered a number of innovative financial products servicing the hedge fund community.
- Provided hedge funds with detailed analyses of risk profiles and competitive products within the short-term interest rate environment.
- Raised over $100 million in assets from managers.
- Created and managed all the necessary compliance and risk systems necessary to run the business.
- Negotiated a number of key agreements with large banks and asset managers on behalf of fund managers.
- CEO2014 - 2017Wire Machine Technologies (WMT)
Focus areas: Financial Strategy, Financial Modeling, Business Plan Development, Internal Financial Reporting, Executive Management, Team Management, Startup Funding, Business Development
- Managed the company, gearing it up for rapid growth both on the production floor as well as in product sales.
- Modeled the financial aspects of the business for new clients and products with a focus on balancing sales growth and profitability.
- Pitched to investors and managed the entire fundraising process—from preparing the necessary material (deck) to term sheet negotiation.
- Designed and programmed a comprehensive Excel-based dashboard to monitor daily business activities.
- Reported to shareholders and other stakeholders via general meetings and formal reports, including statutory reporting and cap tables.
- Executive Director2010 - 2013Tedcor
Focus areas: Business Plan Development, Sales and Marketing, Capital Markets, Venture Debt, Financial Modeling, Pricing Analysis
- Established a new division focused on clean energy and recycling; created the business and marketing plans for the business.
- Analyzed and modeled potential acquisitions and ROI of new equipment and production plants (up to $50 million).
- Designed and built pricing models, enabling staff at all levels to buy and sell recyclables.
- Pioneered a new form of corporate debt within the impact investing community. Negotiated terms for the debt (to the value of $40 million).
- Created the deck and pitched to a number of potential investors.
- Managing Director1999 - 2010Peregrine Investment Managers
Focus areas: Financial Strategy, Business Plan Development, Business Strategy, Financial Risk Assessment, Investment Risk Management, Incubator Management
- Established ten new hedge funds covering a wide range of strategies, including long/short, market neutral, arbitrage and fixed income.
- Raised over R1 billion of new assets for the respective hedge funds.
- Designed and built performance fee models to manage the hedge fund business.
- Built and modeled risk management systems used by new hedge funds, specifically for bond and derivatives markets.
- Performed due diligence and performance attribution on potential new hedge funds and funds of funds.
- Built automated real-time reporting engines for reporting fund performance to clients.
- SAP Consultant1996 - 1999Andersen Consulting
Focus areas: Financial Systems, Enterprise Software, consulting, Industrial Manufacturing , Programming
- Managed an SAP project involving over 25 staff for an upgrade at a large financial institution.
- Led an SAP global team for the Oil and Gas vertical at an Andersen/SAP Center of Excellence in Europe.
- Programmed over 100 specialized modules in C+, Assembly, and ABAP (SAP), writing over 100 specialized programs for clients.
- Developed a deep IT expertise in the financial and logistics SAP modules.
- Developed a comprehensive business plan and process models for a glass manufacturing industry.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Finance2000 - 2004CFA Institute - USA
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Mechanical Engineering1992 - 1995University of the Witwatersrand - Johannesburg, South Africa