George Gvazava, CFA, ACCA
Verified Expert in Finance
George brings diverse finance expertise from his roles at Deloitte, Galt & Taggart (the largest investment bank in Georgia), CryptX Group, and most recently, Bank of Georgia Group (an LSE-listed entity). He has advised companies in the technology, energy, oil and gas, and banking sectors, with total assets ranging from $10 million to over $1 billion. George was nominated by Forbes Georgia in "30 Under 30: Finance," and he enjoys helping clients navigate their most challenging finance projects.
Monthly Cash Flow Forecast Model
Chief Crypto Officer | Deputy Chief Digital Officer
Bank of Georgia Group
- Led research, analysis, and experimental initiatives to unlock the strategic potential of crypto and blockchain technology within the bank.
- Functioned as the primary point of contact for multiple departments, including finance, legal, AML, CB, and marketing, serving as the go-to expert for addressing and resolving crypto-related inquiries and challenges.
- Conducted comprehensive company-wide training and knowledge-sharing sessions on crypto and blockchain, ensuring widespread understanding and alignment with the organization's objectives.
- Envisioned and developed a variety of portfolio products in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industries.
- Oversaw all operations and business activities to ensure they produced the desired results and were consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Accelerated profitability and growth by establishing an extensive network of partners and optimizing service utilization.
- Co-led the group's international expansion and oversaw the subsidiaries' financial operations.
- Established the financial risk management policy from scratch. It was based on internal quantitative data and external market data and used daily by risk managers.
- Championed the leadership and development of a high-performance team, meticulously assessing performance metrics, identifying training needs, and implementing strategic plans to enhance overall productivity and efficiency.
- Set up the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function that supported the managerial decision-making process.
Grenoble Ecole de Management
- Taught a financial and management accounting course to second-year students from 30+ countries enrolled in the Bachelor in International Business (BIB) program.
- Focused lectures on the vital link between theory and practice that needs to be understood and implemented in the corporate world.
- Advised and assisted students in developing strategies for their early-stage startups, provided contacts to potential VC investors, and helped them raise funds.
Investment Banking Senior Analyst | Associate
Galt & Taggart
- Developed financial models to value equity for mergers, acquisitions, and capital raising transactions with a total value of $500+ million.
- Co-led issuances of public bonds by local corporations and international financial institutions with a combined value of $1+ billion.
- Advised clients on optimal capital structures for their businesses and helped them restructure $100+ million in total assets.
- Participated in the valuation of the largest provider of online gambling services in Georgia.
- Trained the team of interns on various corporate finance-related subjects.
Project Manager and Financial Analyst
Municipal Development Fund of Georgia
- Managed municipal developmental projects funded by the World Bank with a total value of $100+ million.
- Assisted stakeholders (government, municipalities, contractors, and the World Bank) in initiating and executing projects.
- Prepared financial and economic analyses for proposed projects and evaluated potential financial, economic, and social impacts.
- Participated in the financial audit of Georgia's major player in the energy sector with $200+ million in total assets and $250 million in revenue.
- Served as the auditor-in-charge, leading the audits of Georgia's two largest players in the oil and gas sector.
- Analyzed the internal control system of a Georgian conglomerate operating in business sectors such as renewable energy, education, mining, and technology. Provided management with recommendations to address the deficiencies identified.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
Bank of Georgia University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree in Finance
Caucasus University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor in International Business (BIB) Degree in Finance and Accounting
Grenoble Ecole de Management - Grenoble, France
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
Corporate Finance Institute
Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring