2002 - 2005
Amegy Bank (formerly Southwest Bank of Texas)
- Led the acquisition of three banks for a total of $278 million without the help of outside advisors, building financial models, creating valuation analyses, proposing financing structures, and presenting to the board of directors.
- Optimized the bank's capital structure by helping execute three trust preferred and one subordinated debt issuance. These were the first in the bank's history and involved educating bank's senior leaders, the board of directors, and key investors before approval.
- Helped initiate the company's first dividend and dividend reinvestment program by building financial models, consulting with investment advisors, and presenting the benefits to the bank's board for approval.
- Served as the youngest member of the bank's management committee and helped analyze the financial viability of all significant internal projects and investments.
- Made quarterly presentations to the board of directors to provide updates on M&A strategy and capital structure.
- Helped coordinate merger integration efforts to make sure results were in line with the original projections during the M&A evaluation phase. Made changes to internal models based on what was learned to improve M&A analysis going forward.
- Worked with bank regulators on a quarterly basis to provide corporate finance and M&A updates.
Focus areas: Post-merger Integration, Regulatory Management, Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Capital Structure Optimization, Investor Relations, Dividend Policy, Debt Financing, Asset Liability Management (ALM), Revenue & Expense Projections, Valuation Modeling, Equity Offerings, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Fundraising, Forecasting, Growth Strategy, Profitability Analysis, United States, Capital Raising, Deal Advisory, Financing, Business Strategy, Deal Execution, Strategy, US GAAP, Pitch Decks, Financial Services, Cash Flow Modeling, Financial Management, Business Models, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Fundraising Consultant, M&A (Sell-side), Deal Analysis, M&A Modeling, SEC Filing, Pitch Deck Consultant, Fundraising Strategy