Verified Expert in Finance
Gyanesh—a successful remote CFO for Toptal clients in the US and Canada—has 13 years of finance experience for multinationals including Toyota, Landmark Group, and XPO Logistics. His forte lies in strategic advisory, cash flow forecasting, financial controlling, business analysis, and application of the latest financial technologies to small North American businesses. Gyanesh's latest project on automation of bookkeeping between Shopify and QuickBooks saved his client $600 in fees per month.
Endless Events LLC
- Reduced fixed expenses by 20% immediately by consolidating all software costs, reducing rent expenses through negotiations, and moving to cheaper services for admin work.
- Negotiated with all vendors to reduce their pricing by building trust and implementing a powerful AP process that reduced average AP days.
- Implemented three-month cash flow forecasting and three-year financial budgeting processes to strategically manage the business and aid the CEO in making correct investment decisions.
- Negotiated with the banking partner by presenting a realistic forecast to gain a credit line for smoother working capital management.
Biohaxs Institute LLC
- Implemented QBO bookkeeping for the business and also invoicing systems within QBO.
- Raised debt of $3 million by creating a financial model and forecast and applying it to various banks and SBA.
- Moved the business from Salesforce ERP to AdvancedMD, which simplified Telemed, invoicing, procurement of supplies, and calendar scheduling of patient appointments.
- Established bonus and incentive plans for employees to increase revenue and motivation.
Lambertson Management Services
- Assessed the efficiencies of in-house labor as compared to an outsourced contractor.
- Implemented automated systems for financial control, such as payroll software, accounting systems, and payment platforms. Reduced the cost per month by $10,000 using automated processes.
- Reviewed all the contracts with vendors and availed discounts for early payments, saving $3,000 monthly.
- Implemented budgeting, forecasting, and accurate bookkeeping.
CFO | Finance Manager
Online Print Decor, Inc
- Built profitability reports based on historical sales of SKUs and developed pricing strategies for all SKUs. Implemented price increases for products which directly led to an increase in Profits.
- Established a budget and forecasting process to correctly budget marketing spend, labor spending, and shipping spend, which increased profitability during off-seasons.
- Automated many finance processes like AP, cash flow analysis, and KPI dashboards.
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Built financial models for each business area to forecast the income statement and automated the financial planning process via the utilization of Hyperion.
- Acted as the vertical lead for the food and beverage division, advising the operations team on the financial aspects of the business.
- Increased revenues by $2.3 million by identifying invoices that did not align with the contracted pricing.
Al Futtaim Motors | Toyota
- Arranged branch audits to ensure that all procedures aligned with financial policies and SOPs.
- Monitored receivables to maintain customer dues of less than 10%.
- Minimized aged inventory, inspecting inventory conditions and delivering advice regarding pricing and discounting to ensure the achievement of budgeted margins.
- Created accurate MIS reports of all division branches to investigate KPIs and forecast weekly profit and loss via a detailed analysis of branch-level performance.
- Reduced customer dues from 34% to 10% from 2013 to 2015 by changing business procedures, helping to increase profitability by 4%.
- Applied in-depth expertise to help reduce inventory by 22% via detailed financial analysis and the assessment of accurate market values, helping to increase organizational profit by 6%.
- Introduced standard operating procedures for all business departments to meet ISO 9001 standards for the division.
- Formulated, developed, and executed a new incentive scheme for sales staff to increase growth and examined the feasibility and viability of various capital expenditure projects.
Sharyans Wealth Management
- Generated forecasts for companies’ earnings, produced research reports, and issued buy-and-sell recommendations for Indian-listed companies.
- Established relationships and created investment presentations for fund managers and buy-side analysts to generate new commission revenue for the business.
- Created a technical strategy to identify the indicators of expected share price volatility of more than 5%.
- Trained new analysts on financial modeling skills.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
S.P. Jain School of Global Management - Singapore, Singapore
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
The University of Mumbai - Mumbai, India
CFA Level III Candidate