New York, NY, United States
Member since December 2, 2016
Hudson has a broad financial experience: trader, hedge fund equity analyst and PM, middle-market private equity associate, and director of finance for an enterprise SaaS startup. His strength is in thinking strategically about while focusing on the immediate details of a business or transaction. As a freelancer, he enjoys exposure to a range of industries and business models while working with innovative management teams to advance solutions.
- Director, Finance2015 - PRESENTXpand.io
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Growth Capital Raising, Budgeting, Investor Communications
- Oversaw a successful $1M+ growth capital raise.
- Built from the bottom-up a financial model including forecast scenarios around net income and cash flow.
- Cleaned up the capitalization table and in process of migrating to e-shares.
- Identified and screened eventual investors and negotiated terms.
- Worked with legal counterparts to negotiate and edit investment documents.
- Financial and Business Development Advisor2012 - PRESENTTigerTrade
Focus areas: Business Plan Development, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Investor Communications
- Identified several investors who came in at various stages and/or will be coming in at the next stage (capital introduction).
- Built a financial model using top-down assumptions. Currently revising to incorporate data around ROI on marketing and sales resources.
- Helped to identify a new product line that is currently the focus of the business (excess inventory); business model rationalization.
- Created forward budgets under various financing scenarios.
- Worked with leaders of logistics/operations, marketing, sales, and technology to model resource needs and return on investment (where possible).
- Analyst2011 - 2013Glenwood Capital
Focus areas: Mezzanine, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Evaluated businesses and determined optimal investment structures based on enterprise value and deal feasibility.
- Originated a presentation used to educate current financial partners then worked towards obtaining LOI and term-sheet and set up a data room for conducting due diligence.
- Negotiated terms working with management and legal on both sides of transactions.
- Worked on transactions that typically involved companies with $5-30M in EBITDA—either raising capital for growth or acquisitions, or selling a controlling interest.
- Sourced deals using network of attorneys, accountants, entrepreneurs, and advisors.
- Nanodegree in Business Analyst2017 - 2018Udacity - Remote
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Finance2012 - 2017Chartered Financial Analyst - New York, NY, USA
- Advanced graduate degree in Real Estate2002 - 2003New York University - New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Economics1996 - 2000Lafayette College - Easton, PA, USA