Verified Expert in Finance
Jatin is the winner of Asia's Greatest CFO award for his work as the APAC CFO of Rocket Internet, one of the world's largest incubators and investors in technology companies. During his 20+ years of experience, he has advised 100+ fast-growing companies as a co-founder, CFO, board member, and advisor worldwide. His experience is multi-fold and multi-dimension. Jatin considers various perspectives when leading projects, including investors, co-founders, shareholders, and customers.
Founder and CEO
- Acted as strategic part-time CFO to an esports and Web 3 business. Identified and implemented various opportunities to increase company valuation by 600% from past levels. Worked closely with the management team on all finance fundraising projects.
- Led (along with a team) the end-to-end finance function of a multimillion-dollar Japanese multinational group listed on the Tokyo stock exchange with operations in multiple countries. Helped in saving and optimizing cost savings of 20%.
- Acted as a virtual/interim/fractional CFO for various companies from Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and North America: my work involved advising on business growth, fundraising, financial models, and investor relations.
- Acted as a virtual CFO for a medical technology company to prepare for a sale to a large corporation. Worked with the CEO on enhancing the valuation of the business and identifying profit enhancement opportunities, achieving a 300% increase in valuation.
- Advised a leading marketplace on its successful sale to a unicorn company on a multimillion $$ deal. My work involved ensuring financials were accurately recorded, due diligence was handled appropriately, and the right internal controls were in place.
- Raised funds from marquee investors for a sports tech startup in a short period of time. Investors included strategic and financial investors from Europe and Asia.
- Advised Asia's leading media groups to start a new corporate venture with an initial investment of $20–30 million. Worked closely with a team of CXOs to ideate, analyze the market opportunity, and pitch before the company board.
- Acted as a strategic growth advisor to a fast-growing food technology business. Helped implement a performance management system to set, track, and improve KPIs. Worked closely on the strategy to improve business and operational performance.
- Supported multiple businesses on various other matters, such as budgeting and planning, valuation, financial modeling, due diligence, cash flow optimization, and financial performance review resulting in 20-30% growth.
- Worked on 30+ financial models, financial projections, valuation models, and pitch decks for fast-growing companies, investors, family offices, and PE and VC firms.
Finance, Commercial, and Strategy Lead
TICKLED MEDIA – SOUTH EAST ASIA’S LEADING WOMEN HEALTH PLATFORM AND CONSUMER GOODS COMPANY
- Worked on various financial models and financial forecasts for the management team, shareholders, board and investors.
- Headed the setup of shareholder, legal, tax, and financing structures for business expansion in Indonesia and Thailand. This resulted in increasing the valuation of the company by 25%.
- Worked on pitch decks for new investors, valuation models, due diligence, and investor presentation for new fund raises.
- Reviewed new investment proposals, business plans for new investments, investment agreements, shareholder agreements, term sheets, and valuations for new assets on different opportunities.
- Managed the transformation of the company to make the organization and teams more commercial, agile, and ready for expected exponential growth. This resulted in increasing performance by 22%.
- Found new revenue channels and drove revenue growth and monetization of assets, which generated potential revenue increase opportunities of up to $1 million each year.
- Led new business initiatives and the analysis and implementation of new investments and business initiatives, including the expansion of new direct-to-consumer (D2C) eCommerce business to two new large markets with potential revenue of $5–10 million.
- Helped the company with a 15% revenue increase from new initiatives. Productivity increased by 20–30% in various functions, including finance, HR, management reporting, and sales. Optimized expenses by 20%, leading to higher profits.
CFO, Board Member
GEMS EDUCATION GROUP – WORLD’S LARGEST SCHOOL OPERATOR, INVESTOR, BILLION $$ FAMILY OFFICE
- Had a diverse, multifold, and multidimensional experience working and advising a family office, billionaire family, investors, co-founders, shareholders, and customers.
- Worked with this multi-billion dollar family office in London and the Middle East as CFO, board member, board advisor, and co-founder of a new education technology venture and investment fund.
- Collaborated closely with the board consisting of the former global CEO of Barclays Bank and CEOs of a large business.
- Analyzed multiple new investment opportunities in fast-growing tech companies and supported new and existing investment opportunities.
- Led term sheet discussions, key terms, and valuations for various new investments in a leading portfolio tech business. Worked on the sale process of two portfolio companies in the group.
- Worked on various financial models, financial forecasts, valuation models, and pitch decks for discussion with various investors.
- Led long-term business plans and budgeting of the business with a total investment of $100+ million.
- Worked on the negotiations and due diligence of a tech company for 100% acquisition.
- Developed the go-to-market strategy to reach 50 million students in five years in four different countries.
- Developed various monetization models and long-term cash flow financial models to evaluate the attractiveness of potential markets, products, and monetization strategies.
ROCKET INTERNET – WORLD’S LEADING START-UP INCUBATOR AND INVESTOR LISTED ON FRANKFURT STOCK EXCHANGE
- Won Asia’s Greatest CFO Award for good work done for Rocket Internet.
- Worked on developing and reviewing hundreds of financial models, investment pitch decks, and valuation models for fundraises for new/growing companies.
- Acted as the CFO of a portfolio company operating in six countries with significant challenges. Implemented a new process to improve financial performance and strengthen AR, AP, cash and performance management, tax and legal aspects, and compliance.
- Led the finance function for the Asia Pacific region for the investment company and the majority- or minority-owned portfolio companies. The portfolio included Daraz and Kaymu, acquired by Alibaba, and ZenRooms, which raised 20+ million and a trade sale.
- Evaluated 60+ investment proposals and made 20+ new and follow-on investments.
- Developed the investment strategy for the next 3-5 years, considering IRR and other strategic objectives.
- Worked with 15+ CEOs and CFOs of group businesses in APAC in a complex organizational structure and legal entity set up across Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
- Helped a group with over 100 legal entities with efficient investor and management reporting for better performance tracking and faster decision making. Met aggressive timelines, which resulted in an improvement of 200% in productivity.
- Was a panel speaker with Sequoia Capital and Intel Capital on investment opportunities, and a panel speaker with Sequoia Capital on how to add value to startups and other various public speaking engagements in Asia and Europe.
- Helped senior management to win the most important client. It is a Fortune 50 corporation and one of the top revenue contributors for the firm.
- Hired as one of the youngest managers by the firm in the department.
- Increased the revenue of the firm in a short time.
Luthra & Luthra Chartered Accountants
- Promoted to a partner role amongst 30 peers in record time in the firm's history.
- Formulated and implemented strategy for the firm by identifying a niche market segment and successfully introduced and implemented creative measures to improve performance and growth.
- Advised private equity firms on setting up new investments, exits, and structuring investments.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
INSEAD Business School - France and Singapore
Master's Degree in Accounting and Finance
Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) - New Delhi, India
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce and Business
Delhi University - New Delhi, India
Institute of Chartered Accountants