Verified Expert in Finance
Jimmy has executed and evaluated $1+ billion in debt, equity, and M&A transactions at the investment bank JP Morgan, the private equity firm Warwick Group, and as a consultant. He's advised businesses ranging from pre-revenue startups to $1+ billion public companies in a broad range of industries. Jimmy holds an MBA with honors from Wharton, and he joined Toptal to help clients create tangible value while learning about new business models.
Alderbrook Companies LLC
- Led the business development, contract structuring, project execution, client relations, and bookkeeping for financial consulting firm.
- Consulted with the CEO of a media private investment firm to evaluate the acquisition of ~$250 million recording-and-publishing company.
- Advised the CEO and CFO of a private midstream firm on debt-financing alternatives to construct new crude oil pipeline in the Gulf of Mexico, which resulted in five term sheets and a commitment letter to finance the entire amount requested.
- Advised the chairman of the board and senior management of $1+ billion publicly listed energy company on shareholder returns policies, which resulted in a deliverable to be presented at the board of directors' meeting.
- Consulted with the portfolio manager of a family office in making investments in a variety of asset classes, which has led to 100+ deals evaluated and 7+ investments closed to date.
- Advised senior partner committee of a national law firm with 350 lawyers across 16 states on alternative pricing best practices, which led to the firm adopting the recommendation to hire a full-time pricing professional.
Private Equity Senior Associate
- Supported senior investment professionals in the origination, evaluation, and portfolio management of oil-&-gas upstream investments.
- Evaluated an ~$150 million corporate acquisition and marketing of $25 million asset divestiture.
- Created a corporate model for two portfolio companies used for planning and scenario analysis to aid senior management.
- Worked with senior lenders to refinance the credit facility of one portfolio company.
- Managed two associates who assisted in preparing presentations and in maintaining portfolio company operating models.
- Served as a member of a 40-person fixed income research team that was ranked #1 by Institutional Investor magazine in 2010 & 2011.
- Ranked in the top quartile and was promoted to associate in one year based upon performance.
- Performed due diligence on over 50 debt deals (over $1 billion), regularly acting on behalf of the manager to conduct calls with senior executives of Fortune 500 companies, to review company financials, presentations, and industry blogs.
- Supported the debt capital markets team during new issuance process by conducting calls and teach-ins with institutional investors.
- Performed credit analyses—this included building financial models and reviewing debt agreements (bond indentures and credit agreements—and made recommendations to institutional investors.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Williams College - Williamstown, MA, USA