Verified Expert in Finance
Marc is a Harvard Business School graduate with honors, a former investment banker from Goldman Sachs, and private equity investor at The Carlyle Group. He has helped execute more than $70 billion worth of global M&A and financing transactions in the tech, media, telecom, infrastructure and sports facility finance markets. Marc enjoys freelancing to contribute his knowledge and skills to others while working on his own early-stage ventures.
Co-founder | President of Financial Services
- Built a detailed operating model, including an internal version for the company and an external version for investors, as well as several pitch decks used to raise over $800,000 in angel funding from world-class investors.
- Performed all of the financial modeling work to help inform company sales and the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Ran multiple cap-table analyses contemplating future venture capital financing round scenarios and the impact on management and convertible note investors.
- Worked with key management, attorneys, and other key stakeholders to inform strategy and put together all materials required for pre-seed financing process, including convertible and SAFE note financing documents, pitch deck, financial model, confidential information memorandum, and go-to-market plan.
- Performed detailed financial technology primary and secondary market research used to inform strategy, design, and development of a core technology product.
Private Equity Associate
The Carlyle Group
- Evaluated more than 30 potential early- and late-stage investments in fintech, adtech, business services, entertainment, media, telecommunications, and enterprise software markets.
- Worked closely with portfolio company management on business development and finance projects, including bolt-on acquisitions and financial reporting to the board of directors.
- Developed a detailed bottom-up operating model contemplating Dealogic, a Carlyle portfolio company in the fintech software space, scaling a fintech software start-up from ~$2.5 million in revenue to $20+ million in conjunction with Dealogic's chief strategy officer, as well as performed business valuation and returns analysis.
- Executed all elements of a ~$1.5 billion-potential buyout of Cirque du Soleil, including developing an operating model and LBO model, managing due diligence, coordinating with sell-side investment bankers and advisors, and putting together investment committee materials.
- Performed extensive buy-side diligence for ~$3.6 billion two-step complex carve-out for the Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science Division, including creating a bottom-up financial model, managing advisors, coordinating with sell-side investment bankers, and preparing investment committee materials that resulted in a final, binding bid.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Performed free-cash-flow, debt finance, and valuation modeling for at least 30 different companies in the technology, media, and telecom, and sports facility and infrastructure arenas.
- Ran an M&A model and performed mission-critical execution and preparation of fairness materials for the ~$67-billion sale of DirecTV to AT&T.
- Managed all of the elements of the buy-side M&A process for the ~$900 million acquisition of PSAV, an audio-visual and events company, from deal origination to transaction close, including coordination with investment and leveraged finance teams and the company on diligence, structuring, and financing.
- Helped arrange the ~$800 million takeout financing for the San Francisco 49ers' new Levi's Stadium consisting of senior bonds, a term loan, and a subordinate note, including putting together the confidential information memorandum (CIM), lender's presentation, and managing the diligence process with lenders.
- Built and ran a comprehensive valuation and debt financing model for Lehigh County Authority's ~$220 million acquisition of another city's water and sewer system, contemplating multiple acquisition and financing scenarios for both private and public bidders.
- Led all of the modeling and LBO analysis as well as the creation of confidential information memorandum (CIM) and presentations for lenders and agencies for a completed leveraged buyout in conjunction with key management.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Entrepreneurial Management
Harvard Business School - Boston, MA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Economics
Brown University - Providence, RI, USA