Verified Expert in Finance
Margaryta is an ACCA-certified finance professional with 18 years of work experience and a track record of guiding companies' finances through exponential growth from the outset to $70 million + turnovers, execution of M&A deals of $20 million+, and securing $10 million+ debt financing. She began her career as an auditor at Deloitte, rising through private equity to CFO roles in various industries (fintech, adtech, IT). Margaryta is keen to apply her experience to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Monthly Management Reporting Model of a EUR 50 Million+ Turnover
Preliminary Due Diligence for USD 15-40 Million+ Acquisition
Operating Reports with Dashboard for a Financial Services EUR 80 Million+ Turnover Business
Virtual CFO, Consultant, Controller, Business Modeler
- Created a business model for fundraising purposes, which allowed the raising of 1+ million GBP.
- Improved revenue cycles allowing to decrease days receivable from 2–3+ months to 0–month.
- Empowered the operations and sales teams with meaningful tools to achieve smarter goals, setting up a frame for a realistic OKR process.
- Created an automated reporting and planning solution which allowed the CEO to monitor the company's financial position and perform a flexible forecasting exercise in a "live" mode.
Central Finance Manager
Crossover Group, Trilogy
- Increased the internal productivity of the collections team by 24%.
- Automated several crucial revenue-related processes, resulting in a 9% increase in internal collection efficiency.
- Created a framework for internal reporting (accounts receivable cycle) and increased the transparency of related workflows.
- Created a financial function from scratch, which started contributing up to EUR 2 million annually to net results.
- Managed the creation of local and international financial and operational business structures (with respective inter-company and cross-border ownership and asset flow structuring), which drove 40+ fold turnovers and 50+ fold asset base increases.
- Handled common tax issues and optimization schemes, both local and international such as Western Europe, UA, and RU, decreasing the value at risk from about EUR 2 million to EUR 20,000.
- Developed and maintained a thorough IFRS-based corporate reporting model, which included a full reporting package with comprehensive analytical insight, facilitating annual external Big Four audits and allowing for up to 40% cost-saving.
- Set up an efficient business control system including financial and operational processes, allowing 20% cost optimization.
- Automated accounting, control, and budgeting processes within the group allowed for twice as fast decision-making and shortened the book closing deadline to ten days.
- Managed the ISO 9001:2008 certification for group companies' core business processes.
- Participated in securing and managing a mezzanine debt financing after that, including deal execution, covenants management, and regular reporting. Conducted later refinancing negotiations with international banks and reached favorable terms.
- Generated insight for shareholders and management board in ad hoc acquisition targets valuation, new product lines valuation, and new markets opening with a total estimated value of over EUR 30 million.
- Supervised the launch of new geographical markets, including Russia and EU, and new segments launch, including customizing existing business processes.
Corporate Finance Director
AMC Maxfield Asset Management, Ltd.
- Created dynamic operational models for assets under management with a total GBV of over $50 million.
- Developed standard corporate reporting procedures for assets under management.
- Designed an analytical division within the firm. Started regular market analysis with related potential deal sourcing for the shareholders (over 20 deals sourced).
- Participated in business restructuring and new business kick-off on a group of wood production assets valued at $6 million.
- Participated and completed various M&A deals (telecommunications, production, advertising) valued at EUR 10 million+.
Auditor, Audit Senior
- Carried out financial analysis and audit of financial statements under IFRS, US GAAP for local and international clients in media and telecoms, metal, oil, public utilities, insurance, advertising, delivery, beverage, and the airline industries.
- Conducted due diligence for a telecom target; carried out the agreed upon procedures for an advertising company and a wood processing group of companies.
- Participated in the project of SAP implementation preparation for a multi-brand beverage group of companies with a BV of over $50 million.
- Conducted SOX compliance attestation for a SEC listed group of companies in the media and entertainment industry.
Certificate in Accounting and Finance
ACCA - Kyiv, UA and Glasgow, UK
Master's Degree (Magma Cum Laude) in Finance Management
Kyiv National University of Economics - Kyiv, Ukraine
Diploma (Magna Cum Laude) in Finance and Accounting
Wirtschaftsuniversitat Wien – Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration - Vienna, Austria
Diploma in French
French Cultural Center - Kyiv, Ukraine
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants