Verified Expert in Finance
Martin is a real estate private equity executive and ex-management consultant. He has completed more than $200 million in real estate projects and advised Fortune 500 companies on a range of commercial issues. As a freelancer, he has completed assignments related to real estate funds, investments, and startups. When not freelancing, he is working on Battery Alexander Realty Capital—a lending platform focused on real estate development investment.
Battery Alexander Partners
- Managed and set overall strategy for the firm; including setting investment criteria, negotiating real estate loans, and raising capital to provide loan funds from third parties.
- Identified, analyzed, and completed real estate investments.
- Provided advisory services to select clients. (Example assignments include raising equity for a multifamily development fund, rebalancing a family office's real estate portfolio, and analyzing value-add investments for a private equity firm).
- Managed and motivated Battery Alexander employees and contractors.
Marcus & Millichap | Hanover Financial LLC
- Sourced, negotiated, and closed $200 million in real estate investments.
- Managed an existing portfolio of investments, partnering with CEOs and senior staff of entities in which we had invested.
- Managed companies' outside and inside legal counsel, consultants, and other third party vendors.
- Led the internal staff to accomplish investment and asset management goals. This role included high-level management and review of ongoing project reporting and analysis, identification of asset management issues, and resolution of those issues with the senior management teams of our operating companies.
- Assisted in board-level reporting of results and business planning.
- Led consulting engagements with Fortune 500 companies in the medical industry.
- Completed projects focused on sales, marketing, and commercial operations—leading teams of 2-4 consultants.
- Interfaced with senior client staff—delivering results of our work and analysis.
- Reorganized the 200 person commercial operations team (included sales, marketing, sales operations, and clinical support team) of a medical device manufacturer—allowing them to keep pace with a growing competitor.
- Completed sales force sizing and deployment planning for a pharmaceutical sales team, boosting sales by 15% year over year.
- Completed the launch plan and situation analysis for a new blockbuster biotech product, laying the groundwork for its launch and follow on R&D investment.
- Redesigned the forecast and FP&A models for a $500 million/year biotech product; working with a diverse team to collect data and qualitative inputs to drive assumptions and improve model accuracy.
Evaluating the Nature of Business Ethics in Practice
Considerations for Raising Your Own Private Equity Fund
Paying It Forward: Understanding Leveraged Buyouts
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Administration
University of California, Berkeley - Berkeley, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI, USA