2017 - PRESENT
- Supported the preparation of the pitch deck for a presentation that led to connections with over 10 potential investors (angels, accelerators, and incubators) in 1 day.
- Researched the market which led to a change in approach to the strategy and product development.
- Participated in board meetings influencing in the company's strategy and product development.
- Built financial model for projections and to support the business idea.
- Connected the company to potential investors which led to 5 meetings to present the startup's idea in a week.
Focus areas: Startup Funding, Financial Strategy, Corporate Finance, Financial Business Planning, Pitch Deck Financials, Financial Modeling
2017 - 2017
- Supported the high-level management to build company strategy, with a focus on funding, structuring the financial area, and studying go-to-market opportunities.
- Researched the electrical energy supply market to find potential competitor's energy solution offering and compared it with Relio's.
- Searched for non-equity sources of funding (grants, trade finance, debt).
- Engaged my network in Brazil, India and Europe to identify potential Relio customers and provide leads for sales.
- Analyzed and selected support administrative/financial systems to be used once the company was actively trading. Zoho for CRM and Xero for accounting are the main potential systems for this initial phase (easy-to-use and low cost).
- Prepared an action plan with priorities, chose the people in charge of them, and followed the stage to completion; assembled a control panel to ensure that they were being followed up on.
Focus areas: Financial Strategy, Financial Modeling, Business Plan Development
2016 - 2016
- Supported this startup company in building the financial and commercial aspects of its go-to-market strategy.
- Researched the market to find information about potential of the solution which is a car-sharing solution that uses only electric cars and has a specific niche target.
- Built a financial model for 5-year P&L and cash flow forecast based on market research and assumptions from experts.
- Conducted a meeting with the CEO to discuss findings and propose strategies based on the forecasts and market research.
- Searched potential sources of funding, equity (VCs, accelerators, etc.), and non-equity (e.g., grants, loans) to support initial investments.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance Strategy
VP of Operations
Startup Europe India Network
2015 - 2016
- Engaged with this company from the beginning; focused on connecting the European and Indian startup ecosystems in cooperation with the European Commission's Startup Europe Program.
- Created and managed the financial management processes and controls as part of the founding team.
- Chose and managed a CRM (HubSpot) and financial systems.
- Managed the business development team in several countries across Europe and India—leading to a network of over 10 volunteers and 500 readers of the newsletter.
- Built a financial model of potential returns and financing needs of the startup.
- Created and managed business development processes in order to attract potential customers, partners, and users.
Focus areas: Finance Systems, Financial Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development, Budgeting, Financial Management, Financial Modeling, Pitch Deck Financials
Deal Intermediation Consultant
2014 - 2015
- Intermediated a cross-border hospitality real estate deal between an investor and seller.
- Searched potential targets in the European hospitality real estate sector valued between EUR $25 million and $100 million.
- Prepared a financial model of potential returns for the investor; taking into consideration potential occupancy, daily rates, and property's potential value fluctuation.
- Dealt with real estate agents that had the power of attorney given by the property owners and introduced them to the investors. Conducted meetings related to the deal.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Customer Support Consultant
2013 - 2014
- Supported customer needs related to account management and investments, with a total of $200+ million assets under management.
- Coordinated the internal processes for loan requests, new account creation, investment management, and customer support.
- Advised customers and intermediaries on investment options.
- Trained new personnel on customer management and internal processes.
Focus areas: Asset management
Partner, Financial Management
Queluz Gestao de Ativos
2012 - 2013
- Managed the finance and operations with a team of 5 directly reporting to me and 10 indirect subordinates; was in charge of a USD $2.4+ million budget.
- Built processes and implemented a system to manage profit, revenues, and cost centers. This led to the first effective cost control system in the company.
- Built financial models to analyze the potential for issuing debt bonds and raising funds for medium-size companies (turnover between $50-200 million) and new investment funds (i.e., hedge, equity, forex).
- Controlled and improved the processes for cash management and budget functions.
- Managed relationship with banks, suppliers, and customers (CFOs and CEOs).
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Structure, Capital Raising, Capital Structure Analysis, Working Capital Management, Capital Investment Appraisals, Financial Data Analysis, Finance Systems, Finance Strategy, Corporate Finance, Cash Flow Forecasting, Pitch Deck Financials, Debt, Cost Efficiency, Cost Reduction & Optimization
Queluz Gestao de Ativos
2008 - 2010
- Mapped the internal operations, financial processes, and systems; also managed their improvement.
- Built financial models to access debt structuring, M&A, and fund structuring operations—raised $150 million in debt.
- Drew and implemented a trade settlement system—lowering settlement errors by 90%.
- Created and managed an internal cash flow forecast model.
- Supported the fund's management area on the NAV calculation and newsletter preparation for investors.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Corporate Finance, Financial Management, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Capital Raising, Capital Structure, Working Capital Management, Cash Flow Forecasting, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Finance Systems, Financial Modeling, Fund Analysis, Valuation Modeling
HMS Servicos Medicos
2005 - 2008
- Structured the company from the beginning. It was created by doctors that had left a bigger practice and needed support for managing the new company.
- Built all the financial and administrative processes and systems from scratch.
- Created and managed the cash flow and P&L forecast, which had less than 5% variation from actual within a 6-month period.
- Managed the relationships with suppliers and banks. Was responsible for managing the company's bank account and coordinating procurement with support from administrative personnel for separation of tasks (procurement and payment functions).
- Controlled the fiscal financial report with the support of external accountant.
Focus areas: Financial Management, Finance Systems, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Cash Flow Forecasting, Cash Flow Calculation
Financial Analysis Consultant
2003 - 2004
- Mapped the hospitality market in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Analyzed the financial returns from individual hotels for investors and hotel management companies. Presented to hotel investors the difference between risk and returns of the investment (as compared to those for hotel managers).
- Helped renegotiate a contract between investors and hotel management company.
- Searched for potential clients within hotel investors and requested their authorization to represent them in the renegotiation process.
Focus areas: Financial Data Analysis, Business Plan Development, Cash Flow Forecasting, Business Development
2002 - 2003
- Collected up to $100 million in due invoices from clients.
- Supported the manager in preparing a financial model to control receivables.
- Participated in the area's strategy meetings, preparing presentations on metrics, and indicating major risks.
- Supported the introduction of online sales in the receivables area.
- Prepared financial models, as requested, to be used to present to the financial director.
Focus areas: Financial Data Analysis, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)