Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Neel is an experienced private equity investor and consultant who has worked across industries and geographies—including North America, India, and Africa—while at Berkshire Partners, Bain & Company, and Rocket Internet. As a freelancer, he focuses on capital raising preparation and business operations consulting for growth stage companies and has extensive experience working closely with founders and CEOs.
- Led a $30 million capital raise process for a rapidly growing SaaS/lead generation company and served as the ongoing advisor to CEO on corporate development, business operations, and finance.
- Drove a $15 million equity raise for marketing tech company, including strategic advisory on process and positioning to investors, diligence project management, and the creation of marketing materials and a financial model.
- Led an in-depth evaluation of unit economics and customer behavior to support a $60 million raise for a SaaS business.
- Led the due diligence process and wrote the business plan for a new online marketplace venture piloted by a $1 bilion company.
- Evaluated the impact of Kipling brand’s multi-channel retail strategy and implications for a go-forward strategy.
Corporate Development Manager
The New York Times
- Formed an investment thesis, gathered internal support, and directed the diligence for a potential $20 million acquisition of a mobile reading app.
- Led the evaluation of potential series A and seed investments in business intelligence and advertising technology companies.
- Developed the sales pitch, negotiated terms, and closed the deal with a national lifestyle site to create a low-cost customer acquisition channel. Activated 50 new promotional partnerships—significantly enhancing foodpanda's value proposition.
- Led the marketing team—optimizing the mix to significantly reduce acquisition cost and increase social engagement.
- Built and implemented performance dashboards to calculate and track key operating, marketing, and sales metrics.
- Developed investment case and submitted final bid for a $500 million leveraged buy-out of a telecom infrastructure provider.
- Managed the investment due diligence for the fashion retailer Aritzia—resulting in the firm decision to recapitalize in lieu of sale.
- Assessed the merits of a potential $275 million leveraged buy-out of a specialty shoe manufacturer—recommending a modified valuation.
- Led the development of a 5-year strategic roadmap for the party goods retailer Party City, presented it to the board, and implemented the plan.
Senior Associate Consultant
Bain & Company
- Supported 7 private equity clients with business diligence—including market analysis, customer research, and growth modeling.
- Led several efforts to improve sales force effectiveness for a healthcare company—resulting in a 25% increase in revenue per rep.
- Conducted in-depth customer research for a major technology retailer, identified gaps, and recommended changes.
- Crafted a strategy and implemented operational initiatives to transform a consumer warranty company’s fulfillment operations from a cost center to a profit center, with a focus on sourcing and supply chain—driving a $15+ million profit.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Harvard Business School - Boston, MA, USA
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Economics
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI, USA