CFO | Advisor
2012 - PRESENT
- Retained by early stage and growth companies to provide CFO and financial advisory services. The core industry focus was on consumer, hospitality, retail, and tech.
- Advises companies as a CFO through their entire capital raising (equity and debt) and M&A processes: create investor presentations and financial models, lead due diligence efforts, negotiate terms, and close on transactions.
- Leads all the financial activities of the company and manage the appropriate teams: financial planning and analysis, define KPIs, and prepare forecasts, budgets, and operating plans.
- Develops financial reporting cadence and make presentations to internal decision makers—board of directors, C-Suite, and senior management.
- Formulates and executes on corporate development initiatives.
- Manages external relationships with strategic partners, investors, and investment banks.
- Serves as a personal vehicle to seed startups.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Strategy, Fundraising, CFO, Due Dilligence, Project Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation Multiples, 409 A Valuation, Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Investor Communications, Entrepreneurial Finance, Strategic Finance Management, Working Capital Management
Unity Development Group
2014 - 2017
- Worked for UNITY which was the consortium lead for the world-class American group of companies that was in consideration for the $4 billion Central Corridor Railroad (CCR) project in East Africa in order to provide Tanzania, DRC, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi with efficient market access to accelerate regional social and economic prosperity.
- Led the fundraising for a transformative railroad project in East Africa—secured interest for $340 million in equity from private funds and $1.2 billion in debt from the US Export-Import Bank.
- Acted as a strategic partner to the CEO and COO.
- Drove the firm financial planning and analysis and oversaw cash management in order to meet operational targets.
- Prepared and communicated weekly financial summary to the C-Suite.
- Coordinated tax and audit filings for the US and foreign subsidiaries.
Focus areas: Fundraising, CFO, Due Dilligence, Financial Modeling, Equipment Finance, Project Finance, International Finance, Asset-based Finance, Financial Management, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Risk Assessment, Investment Summaries, Market Research, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Investor Decks, Investor Communications, Entrepreneurial Finance, Working Capital Management, Strategic Finance Management, Three Statement Operating Model
Vice President, Global Investment Research
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
2009 - 2011
- Acted as the lead equity research analyst covering the rental car and small cap casino sectors—companies under coverage included Avis, Dollar Thrifty, Hertz, Ameristar Casinos, Pinnacle Entertainment, and Penn National Gaming.
- Helped to lead Zipcar's $1.1 billion IPO while covering the rental car sector.
- Handled team coverage responsibilities for the gaming, gaming technology, lodging, cruise, and restaurant sectors.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Investment Summaries, Due Dilligence, Fundraising, Capital Raising, Capital Structure, Capital Structure Analysis, Capital Investment Appraisals, Investor Decks, Investor Communications, Data Analysis, Variance Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Return Analysis, Credit Analysis, Fund Analysis, Pricing Analysis, Breakeven Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Three Statement Operating Model, CFO
Vice President, Equity Research
Barclays Capital & Lehman Brothers
2005 - 2009
- Initiated Lehman's equity research coverage of IGT (international game technology) and the gaming technology sector.
- Handled team coverage responsibilities for the gaming, lodging, leisure, cruise, and toy sectors.
- Promoted to vice president.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Investor Communications, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Data Analysis, Fundraising, Fund Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Variance Analysis, Credit Analysis, Pricing Analysis, Return Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Breakeven Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Due Dilligence, Three Statement Operating Model, CFO
Investment Banking Associate
US Bancorp Libra | Libra Securities
2000 - 2005
- Closed 15 transactions totaling $1.3 billion; directly reporting to the managing director at a boutique investment bank founded by Drexel Burnham Lambert and Salomon Brothers veterans.
- Worked on a variety of deals spanning M&A, bankruptcy, restructuring, fairness opinion, valuation analysis as well as high yield and mezzanine financings.
- Led buyer diligence visits.
- Drafted investor materials.
- Constructed LBO models.
- Promoted to associate.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Debt, Debtor & Creditor Management, Capital Raising, Capital Structure, Capital Structure Analysis, Growth Capital Raising, Capital Investment Appraisals, Working Capital Management, Fundraising, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Data Analysis, Due Dilligence, Variance Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Return Analysis, Credit Analysis, Fund Analysis, Pricing Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Breakeven Analysis, Profitability Analysis, CFO