Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Olga is a global leader with a passion for making healthcare technologies accessible around the globe. Known to deliver impact as an SME, PM, and functional leader, consultant, or entrepreneur, Olga has more than 18 years of experience in medtech and biotech. Olga has lived and worked in Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
Polytechnic University of Valencia
- Led a design and implementation of an MVP product based on the academic project development, which involved an app to manage type 1 diabetes in kids and a social robot.
- Built a comprehensive business plan and pitch decks.
- Managed the spin-off process and negotiated licensing agreements and seed funding.
Partner in Global Business Development
- Created an investment strategy and a roadmap for buying and building, JVs, and licensing, which became a foundation for negotiation with more than 15 companies as MaxNova is planning an initial public offering (IPO) in China in the next five years.
- Shortlisted more than 20 companies or technologies across the globe.
- Identified suitable R&D centers and initiated due diligence.
International Sales and Marketing Advisor
- Led market expansion to over 60 international markets using an omnichannel business model. Completed a distribution setup, developed a network for key opinion leaders (KOLs), and coordinated product registration.
- Designed and implemented a value-based pricing model for a commodity indwelling device with a novel antimicrobial coating.
- Negotiated multimillion business development and licensing (BD&L) deals with manufacturers in China, Japan, India, and the Middle East.
- Launched several medical device companies in the APAC, LATAM, and EMEA regions.
- Built a truly global distribution network of over 500 specialized distributors.
- Established robust channel management practices in line with the objectives of principal companies.
Director of Sales Operations Greater China
- Led sales operations and channel management initiatives, including more than 3,000 distributors, for China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan across 16 business units and four groups.
- Designed and piloted go-to-market models to accelerate growth through direct sales and R&R shift from distributors. Led the first-ever direct sales in China. Captured the pricing initiative channel margin of $12 million in the fiscal year of 2018.
- Developed a corporate sales operations team, including market intelligence, operations, commercial digital capabilities, SFE, and IT.
- Led digitalization of commercial capabilities, including complete market margin visibility, data visualization, customer master data management, quota setting, and territory management.
- Achieved the status of the top region for sales-out visibility with 85% on-time sales-out and inventory data submission from 3,000 distributors. Got recognized as a global best practice.
Director of Global Channel Management and Corporate Strategy
- Pioneered a project management office (PMO) for strategic channel initiatives, including consolidation, acquisition, account transition, and streamlining distributor management operations.
- Reduced overall channel inventories and re-aligned distributors' roles and responsibilities. Captured the distribution margin of $65 million per year.
- Built and deployed a global IT system to track sales-out from distributors to hospitals for full visibility of in-market sales and dealer inventory levels. It allows paying sales representatives' commissions based on the sales-out revenue.
- Consolidated more than 2,500 distributors under 100 platform dealers in China.
Director of LATAM Channel Operations
- Rationalized a regional distributor network that included 500 distributors and brought revenue of $450 million.
- Designed and implemented a key account service-level agreement (SLA) in core markets.
- Established and developed 28 regional channel management and two channel compliance teams.
- Launched the new value segment business unit, including a dedicated channel and sales and marketing teams, bringing $30 million in annual sales with 15% growth.
- Conducted commercial and compliance due diligence of new acquisitions.
- Led a regional PMO for nine new acquisitions' regulatory, commercial, and marketing integrations.
- Pioneered joint healthcare compliance initiatives in medical device industry associations in Brazil and Mexico.
Senior Corporate Auditor | Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Expert
- Led financial and operational internal audits in the EMEA, APAC, and American regions.
- Provided FP&A support to service teams, including technical service, call centers, and alarm receiving centers, since 2006, which brought revenue of $1 billion.
- Headed operational and revenue improvement initiatives, including a churn rate, repairs, and field visit routing optimization.
Master's Degree in Healthcare Economics
Pompeu Fabra University - Barcelona, Spain
Master's Degree in International Business (MBA)
IE Business School - Madrid, Spain
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Peoples' Friendship University of Russia - Moscow, Russia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring