Pablo A. Macias
Member since November 6, 2017
A Harvard graduate, Pablo has developed financial models that resulted in the launch of four new digital and software business lines at Flex. He's also created M&A models for acquisitions in multiple industries: spanning financial services, industrials, and tech. Originally from Spain, Pablo moved to Silicon Valley to help develop growth strategies through M&A and new ventures, and he joined Toptal to help clients with their growth initiatives.
- Managing Partner2017 - PRESENTGrupo El Molle
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity, Private Company Valuation, Growth Equity, Capital Raising, Comparable Company Analysis, Cash Flow Modeling, Debt Raises, Financial Modeling, Pricing Strategy, Financial Strategy, Acquisition Accounting, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Private Equity Valuation, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Served as the managing director for a self-funded search fund created to acquire one single company with EBITDA between €1-4 million.
- Performed valuation, financial modeling as well as strategic and industry analyses for multiple acquisition targets with EBITDA of up to €1.5 million in oil-&-gas, instrumentation, chemicals, and hardware electronics industries.
- Researched more than 1,000 companies, contacted ~500, and met with 25 business owners to negotiate a potential sale.
- Developed business case to acquire two companies: one technology company and one chemical distributor. The acquisition price was considered low by both owners and offers were not accepted; price could not be increased because it did not meet the internal rate of return (IRR) objective of more than 35%.
- Corporate Strategy Manager2012 - 2017Flextronics (Flex)
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Analysis, Startup Funding, Early-stage Venture Capital, Investment Thesis, Investment Decision-making, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Investment Briefs, Investment Summaries, Acquisition Accounting, Business Plan Development, Financial Strategy, Financial Business Planning, Financial Modeling, Financial Management, M&A Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Revenue Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Pricing, Price Analysis, Pricing Strategy, Pricing Analysis, P&L Forecasting, Cash Flow Forecasting, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Projected Cash Flow, Budget Forecasting, Early Stage Funding, Angel/Seed Funding
- Supported the senior management in developing growth strategies (M&A strategy and incubation of new businesses) as well as business cases and plans supporting those initiatives.
- Planned the development of four new businesses in the internet of things (IoT) industry that raised $25 million internally in aggregated funding. Created pricing models, resource plans, budgets, and investment analysis models.
- Incubated a new business group addressing cloud infrastructure. Developed a business case with market analysis, financial plan, and model linked to product roadmap and milestones.
- Built detailed financial models including projections, valuation and investment return analyses for acquisitions, investments, and new ventures.
- Developed M&A strategies for Flex business segments. Created capability and gap assessments and identified and evaluated acquisitions.
- Crafted the go-to-market strategy and developed pricing models for the Flex Digital Health platform.
- Investment Analyst2008 - 2010Banco Santander
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Reverse Mergers, Financial Options, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Valuation Analysis, Acquisition Accounting, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Adjusted Present Value (APV), Valuation Modeling, Equity Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Equity Raises, Financial Statement Analysis, Finance Strategy
- Built detailed financial models supporting multiple bank acquisition scenarios and M&A deal types (acquisition through new equity issue, a merger of equals, a reverse merger with share buyback, and an acquisition with call and put options calculated with the Black-Scholes option pricing model).
- Performed research and financial modeling and developed business cases for bank acquisitions.
- Assessed the market entry into the United States through the acquisition of an online bank in 2009. Sized online and mobile banking market opportunities and developed acquisition rationale and financial models.
- Master's degree in Finance2010 - 2012Harvard University - Boston, MA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Economics and Business2003 - 2008European University of Madrid - Madrid, Spain