Verified Expert in Finance
Pedro Augusto was responsible for the P&L analysis of a USD $5 billion yearly turnover market and experienced the acquisition, due diligence, and integrations with acquired companies. He has made annual funding plans of over USD $2 billion and has managed an investment portfolio of a similar size. With experience in Latin America, Asia, and Africa, he enjoys freelancing because it offers him more international exposure.
Large European Beverage Multinational
- Oversaw all finance departments of a beverage multinational.
- Focused his efforts on the Middle East and Africa region.
- Generated a turnover of around $200 million in this region.
Fundraising Advisor - Swiss HealthTech Startup
LREN CHUV (via Toptal)
- Researched market for Alzheimer diagnostics.
- Built an investor deck for healthcare funding.
Travel Daily Media
- Budgeted 2018/19 for the entire company.
- Analyzed the company restructure by comparing balance sheet and tax leakage.
- Restructured expenses through ZBB.
- Changed the accounting system, which included balance sheet opening.
CFO - African Market
Brasil Foods South Africa
- Served as CFO of a USD $300+ million per annum turnover region, managing a team that was responsible for the weekly P&L analysis, accounting/booking procedures, analysis of tax impacts, pricing system, and credit assessment.
- Hedged currencies in countries like Angola, by visiting the country in person and evaluating the available and best alternatives in the market.
- Built a pricing system to monitor all pricing deviations. The system blocked any sales whose prices were below the pricing department policy and allowed for sound price increases.
- Managed the credit assessments for sales in the African market. Clients would have their profile and payment term analyzed through risk assessment before starting their purchases.
- Led the accounting and tax analyses of the African market. This included balance sheet and P&L bookings, bearing in mind cash, competence, and tax impacts.
- Managed the FP&A/P&L analysis for a USD $5 billion annual turnover market. This included in-depth analyses of price, volume, COGS, and expenses evolution vs. previous periods, budgets, and forecasts. Furthermore, it comprised of studies of volume vs. price as well as of profitability across markets, channels, and divisions.
- Supported the tax team with identifying financial opportunities that led to savings of USD $10 million in one year. The main opportunities focused on tax credit optimization.
- Led the team to establish win-win methodologies for client discounts by negotiating the sales discount accounting standards that would best suit the company. Resulted in a 1-2% margin growth.
- Reduced indebtedness (client payment delay) from 4% to 3% of the portfolio, which released USD $4 million of capital. A collections team and credit procedures enabled fewer payment delays in a market in crisis.
- Supported the due diligence and integration of a large Thai company, worth USD $300+ million. This work was made in loco, first with the support of a big four company and later using the local CFO as a liaison.
- Developed working capital projects, which reduced the cash conversion cycle by 20 days and released USD $500 million in capital. The project started with a change to the company's culture and ended with the use of financial tools, such as supply chain finance and receivables discounting.
- Assisted in the zero-based budgeting process.
- Built annual funding plans of USD $2 billion. At the year-end, would analyze the following year's cash flow as well as evaluate the company's cash needs and available sources of funding to meet these needs in a cost-efficient way.
- Evaluated an Asian company on the verge of bankruptcy. This project was completed in collaboration with a local accounting partner, and its objective was to understand whether the company would be suited for a partnership, acquisition or neither.
Financial Analyst (Junior to Senior)
- Managed a USD $2 billion fixed income portfolio. Handled front-office part of the investments, evaluating the best opportunities in terms of liquidity, risk and return in the BRL and USD.
- Built a financial model to evaluate the company through the rating agencies' methodology (Moody's, S&P, Fitch); initiative stemmed from the company's focus to achieve the investment grade, which was later accomplished.
- Assisted in the zero-based budgeting process.
- Managed international credit assessment for markets comprising of a USD $5 billion yearly turnover. Clients would have their profile and payment term analyzed through risk assessment before starting their purchases.
- Built a financial book to present all financial analyses to the Board. These slides would explain evolution in cash flow, debt profile, fixed income investment portfolio, working capital ratios, and CAPEX expenditures.
MBA Degree in Business Administration
IMD Business School - Switzerland
Specialist in Financial Accounting
Fipecafi - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Post Graduate Degree in Corporate Finance and Investment Banking
FIA - Fundacao Instituto de Administracao - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Certificate in Controllership
Saint Paul - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in International Relations
UFRGS - Porto Alegre, Brazil
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)