Verified Expert in Finance
Puneet is a strategic financial adviser with a decade of experience in investment banking (Goldman Sachs & UBS), equity research (an equity hedge fund, $1 billion AUM), and corporate finance (The Times Group). He's helped his clients raise more than $5 billion in capital across three M&A and 11 capital markets transactions. As a freelancer, he enjoys solving business, strategic, and financial challenges for a wide variety of clients.
Market Sizing and Segmentation
Independent Financial Advisor
- Analyzed more than 200 investment opportunities over last three years by preparing financial models, attending earnings calls and analyzing broker research for an Austin-based equity hedge fund ($1 bilion+ AUM).
- Analyzed three investment opportunities for the past year including contact center software, a commercial real estate platform, and a digital marketing offering for an NYC-based VC firm ($1 billion+ AUM).
- Analyzed two acquisition opportunities for the past year including a Canadian digital lender and an American mobile payments technology provider for a Philadelphia-based lender ($400 million+ valuation).
- Completed the entry strategy for the US mortgage financing for nonresidents including market sizing, unit economics, key lending terms, and potential structures for a Miami-based conglomerate ($100 million+ valuation).
- Prepared a portfolio performance analysis and investor marketing materials for fundraising efforts for a Boca Raton-based merchant cash advance ($10 million+ AUM).
- Made a valuation model, an investor presentation, and advised the founders on a strategic sale for a US-focused VPN startup ($3 million+ revenues).
- Created pitch decks, information memorandums, financial models, and bid analysis materials for 20+ client partners over the last year for a NYC-based mid-market investment bank.
- Prepared due diligence reports on real estate investment projects for US immigrant investors for a US-focused due diligence firm.
- Led the sell-side execution and completed the transaction in a four-month timeline for the US$87 million sale of Hutchison Global Services to Tech Mahindra.
- Prepared the deal marketing materials for fundraising efforts for the US$17 million growth capital for Jaiprakash Power Ventures.
- Advised a leading European insurer on increasing its stake in its Indian life insurance JV—built a financial model for valuation discussion.
- Advised a NYSE-listed business services provider on potential strategic alternatives including the sale of the business, management buy-out, and take-private through private equity.
- Advised a NYSE-listed Indian bank on a public listing of its subsidiary which involved preparing marketing materials including valuation and investor considerations.
- Prepared a valuation model, board presentations, bid strategy, and investor update materials for the US$550 million acquisition of Headstrong by NYSE-listed Genpact (M-CAP: US$5 billion).
- Handled the sale of Times of Money to Network International which involved preparing the transaction marketing materials and a financial model.
- Wrote an offering for the prospectus, the roadshow presentation, and investor marketing for the US$600 million follow-on offering for Hindalco.
- Worked as part of the left lead execution team working on various regulatory aspects over 1.5 years and behind one of the most comprehensive marketing campaigns (lasting over three months) for the US$530 million IDR for Standard Chartered Bank.
- Conducted financial due diligence, prepared financial projections, and led an investor roadshow with the management for the US$200 million IPO for Orient Green Power.
- Advised an Indian conglomerate on the sale of its non-core business to a private equity which involved preparing information memorandum, a financial model, and a due diligence package for potential investors.
Master's Degree (MBA) in Business Administration
Indian Institute of Management - Calcutta, India
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communications
Delhi College of Engineering - Delhi, India
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
IMA | Institute of Management Accountants
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring