Sergio de Fuccio Oliveira
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Sergio works primarily for portfolio companies of private equity firms. He is a former Bain & Company consultant and enjoys freelancing since the exit of his last startup. He holds a MBA from Kellogg at Northwestern University with majors in strategy, finance, analytical consulting, decision sciences, and marketing. Sergio is fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese and has worked on projects in various industries and geographies.
Strategy & Management Consultant
- Created a strategy plan for a business unit of a US-based sports equipment manufacturer (part of a PE firm) that increased the EBITDA over 30% in three years.
- Developed a customer segment strategy and a product portfolio analysis for a building materials company (part of a PE firm). Project impact estimated at $30M in net present value.
- Created the sales and pricing strategy for a food ingredients distributor (part of a PE firm) with the EBITDA estimated to increase over 25% in 2-3 years.
Founder & CEO
- Started the eCommerce company and performed all functions—from developing the business plan to implementing daily operations.
- Added two partners and over 80 employees. Had a successful exit.
Financial Derivatives Consultant - Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Instruments
- Advised global private equity firms and real estate companies and managed over $20 billion in transaction volume.
- Developed, executed, and documented derivative strategies to mitigate risk exposures against interest rates and currency fluctuations in the USA, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Case Team Leader
Bain & Company
- Advised global and local corporations in multiple industries with emphasis in financial services, consumer goods, transportation, telecommunications, and private equity.
- Performed several types of projects: turnarounds, corporate strategy, project management, M&A, organizational design, cost reduction, launch of new business units and new products, process improvement & operations, pricing strategy, financial analysis, segmentation, customer loyalty, product distribution, and sales force effectiveness.
- Received consistently performance reviews that were above expectations.
- Doubled profitability—adding $31 million in annual revenue, to retail operations of a leading Central American bank by developing growth strategy and leading cross-functional team at implementation.
- Maximized the competitiveness of a merchant acquirer in Brazil for a global credit card company—modernizing the company pricing strategy under a two-month deadline.
- Improved profits by $42 million on three business units of an insurance company by creating strategic plan, performing financial modeling, and leading process re-design.
- Launched $28 million in EBIT new business unit of a railroad company and led cross-functional team client members on the development of business plan and valuation model.
- Increased sales by 13% in telecom channel effectiveness project leading sales force team of 32 client members to implement and disseminate best practices.
- Reduced call center costs by 11% in a telecom company by streamlining call center operations and re-designing processes.
- Improved profits by $12 million/year by developing pricing strategy for a $1 billion business unit of a major consumer goods company. On a different project, increased profits by 17% by developing growth strategy for $200 million business unit of another major consumer goods company.
Certified MBA (CMBA) in Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Analytical Consulting, and Decision Sciences
Kellogg School of Management | Northwestern University - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree with Honors in Engineering
Federal University of Minas Gerais - Belo Horizonte, Brazil