iOS Developer – Full-time, Remote
About the job
Toptal developers work with speed and efficiency to deliver the highest quality of work. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business, and ready to work on exciting projects with Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, with great rates and zero hassles. If you are looking for a place to advance your career, enhance your skill set, and build connections around the globe, Toptal is right for you.
Toptal is an exclusive network of top freelancers from around the world. Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups hire Toptal for their most important projects. Toptal is one of the fastest-growing fully remote networks and empowers freelance software developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers worldwide to grow and excel in their freelance careers.
Toptal clients vary in sizes and industries, from enterprise organizations and big tech companies to Silicon Valley startups and renowned universities. Once you enter the network, our matchers will contact you with project opportunities that fit your expertise and preferences. We have experts in over 120 countries who get to work remotely on projects that meet their career ambitions.
About the role
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Full Time (preferred)
Related Skills:Mobile App DevelopmentSwiftAndroid
Opportunities at Our Network
Lead iOS Engineer
Travel, Transportation & Logistics
We are a Y-Combinator backed startup specializing in social-local-mobile events.
Senior iOS Developer
We are a popular EdTech company with hundreds of millions of users engaging with our mobile app.
Full-stack iOS Developer
Life Sciences & Healthcare
We are a diagnostic health startup changing the way personalized health is delivered.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the screening process look like?
Why do I have to go through screening?
How long does the process take?
How does Toptal make money?
How much can I earn?
Does Toptal take a cut from the hourly rate I set?
How many projects can I take on at one time?
I have multiple skills and am interested in working on projects that can utilize the different skill sets
I’m interested in a new project but I don’t have the exact skill required.
Interested in this opportunity?