Verified Expert in Product Management
A seasoned product management leader, Arthur thrives on delivering customer-centric digital solutions that meet and exceed ambitious business goals. His strengths include creating visionary product roadmaps and translating complex product strategies into tangible results. Arthur is passionate about building products that make a positive impact on people's lives and is committed to using his skills and experience to develop digital products that make a real difference in the world.
Founder and Head of Product
- Founded FocusOn Software to develop solutions where existing offerings have become too functionally broad.
- Created mbition, an application tracking solution focused on improving job-seeker search efficiency and reducing time to employment. An iOS version is currently available, with web, Android, and macOS versions in development.
- Evaluated low-code development solutions and selected FlutterFlow as the appropriate platform. Used practical training to become an expert in its use.
Principal Product Manager
- Established a mobile-focused product management role within Ascensus Government Services for 529 education savings.
- Delivered the next generation of account enrollment using a new, modern, user-centric solution. The mobile app delivery is the 1st step in the future of digital solutions at Ascensus.
- Restructured and expanded the mobile roadmap to define a clear vision for the next 6, 12, and 24 months. This includes working with executive leadership to ensure the mobile strategy is tied to strategic goals.
- Drove the implementation of next-generation mobile application functionality, evolving the company's 529 mobile application to support the entire user journey from awareness to education success.
Principal Product Advisor
- Expanded consulting offerings to include planning, organizing, and delivering product advice to small and medium-sized companies.
- Facilitated industry evaluation and definition of requirements for the United States Army's next-generation virtual training system by over 30 AR/VR, machine learning, and hardware companies.
- Created keynote presentations to be delivered by the CMO of a leading cybersecurity company at their international partner conference.
- Drafted an RFP response for a video production company that led to the continuation of a multi-million dollar contract.
- Audited digital content for performance analysis and provided prioritization recommendations for a leading cybersecurity company.
Director, Mobile Product Management
- Hired as the first mobile expert to create and supervise a new group designing and introducing mobile solutions for customers. Headed this mobile eCommerce department in integrating and supporting unique applications for Apple and Android.
- Led the definition and rollout of iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone applications that were actively used by over one million customers each month, handling over $350 million in annual revenue.
- Enhanced a key functionality to improve usage by up to 200% as part of a new version of the Amtrak application while providing a framework for low-cost maintenance and rapid enhancements.
- Championed and delivered integrations with external partners such as Samsung Wallet, Apple Wallet, and Lyft.
- Updated and maintained the mobile website that continually increased the application user experience.
- Led the team in piloting high-performing Agile team environment; recognized as first-of-its-kind for Amtrak.
- Led the department of product managers and cross-functional teams with over 20 people to deliver exceptional solutions for customers.
- Managed analytics for all mobile channels, created analysis combining multiple sources, and drove requirements for a multi-channel implementation of Adobe Analytics.
Round Top Advisors
- Started and operated a consulting firm to provide a full range of business and marketing services. Challenged with advising high-tech entrepreneurs on a wide array of technology and business trends.
- Delivered consulting solutions to time warner cable (TWC) as part of Nokia Siemens’ managed services department. Defined Android client for TWC wireless services that enabled seamless service between WiFi, WiMax, and CDMA networks.
- Advised and guided startups through business considerations and wireless market entry for their iPhone and Android applications.
Group Manager, Device Product Management
Mobile Satellite Ventures
- Brought on to define next-gen satellite devices. Responsible for creating, testing, and deploying mobile phones, embedded devices, antennas, and enterprise-specific hardware.
- Succeeded in greatly increasing the company’s public profile and credibility—awarded as the first-named inventor and patent for the next-generation satellite-capable phone.
- Defined the framework for future applications and a developer ecosystem by selecting a smartphone operating system. Identified crucial functionalities and requirements and defined a developer SDK strategy.
Senior Product Manager, Push-to-talk Applications
- Retained and transitioned to focus on expanding the total service portfolio into a very competitive marketplace. Guided all development tasks for interfaces and applications to extend PTT beyond cellular headsets.
- Conceived and initiated solutions to increase potential customer base by incorporating service into Palm, Windows, and Blackberry devices.
- Enhanced market appeal for applications with a new architecture for external developers and interface with company handsets; liaised with vendors to define potential service offerings.
Group Manager, Public Sector Products
- Spearheaded Nextel’s capability to deliver AMBER alerts to wireless devices—first through an internal trial phase and later rolled out by all US wireless carriers.
- Defined and navigated services portfolio and network roadmap, including video streamlining, enhanced telephony, broadband networking, and multimedia file transfer as the senior manager, 3G network services.
- Played an instrumental role in expanding customer satisfaction to 97%, usage to 60% in one year and revenue to over $100 million during tenure as the senior manager, cellular and voicemail services.
Amtrak iPhone and Android Applicationshttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/amtrak/id405074003
Led the definition and rollout of iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone applications.
Integrated Satellite and Cellular Phoneshttps://gizmodo.com/touchscreen-satellite-phone-is-as-beautiful-as-a-normal-376436
Led the design of concept phones for integrating satellite connectivity into a cellular phone.
One of the designs was successfully patented with me as the primary patent holder.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Cornell University - Ithaca, New York, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Certificate in Marketing Graphics Design
Sessions College for Professional Design
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring