Verified Expert in Product Management
Calvin is a skilled product leader with 12+ years of product management and venture-building expertise. He's recognized for building, launching, and growing consumer products, delivering exceptional cross-channel experiences to create verticals and business opportunities in retail, financial services, and healthcare. He's a trusted partner for executive teams, driving the strategic vision and day-to-day execution to foster product innovation, accelerate growth, and build product capabilities.
Director of Product
BCG Digital Ventures
- Founded six new ventures from scratch as interim CPO and GM, securing early-stage funding to incubate business opportunities with corporate partners in strategic markets, including the US, EU, UAE, SEA, and China.
- Defined strategic roadmaps and drove MVP development for 10+ ventures, most notably for GemFair, a blockchain-based artisanal diamond trading platform with the De Beers Group and an unannounced SME digital bank in the UAE.
- Built and led cross-functional teams of 10-30 through various stages of corporate venturing, including recruiting and coaching for both venture hires and BCG international offices.
- Appointed as a functional expert within BCG to advise on blockchain initiatives, voice-enabled technologies, new retail models, and digital banking solutions.
Lead Product Manager
- Oversaw the product development effort in digitalizing sales, financial, and operational processes of Beepi, an end-to-end used car marketplace that raised $150,000,000+ in venture capital.
- Designed and custom-built a proprietary vendor management system integrating industry-specific tools like Salesforce and Stripe to scale up to a $500,000,000+ operation.
- Launched the Beepi leasing program in partnership with Ally Financial, a novel ownership model to diversify and increase used car financing to account for over 80% of retail sales.
Lead Product Manager
- Owned the roadmap of all product and strategic initiatives led by the Disney Interactive mobile studio and managed a team of four product managers to oversee a $30,000,000+ business unit.
- Established the Agile development culture to enable a data-driven approach to game design. Reduced the traditional year-long production release cycle by more than six months.
- Advised on mobile game design and content strategy; turned around the retention and baseline revenue of a declining mobile game to become Disney's highest-grossing game of 2014.
Senior Product Manager
Utah Street Labs
- Led a team of six engineers and two designers to build Copious, a personalized peer-to-peer online marketplace that raised $7,000,000+ in venture capital.
- Designed an adaptive onboarding experience to convert first-time visitors into repeat users and ultimately doubled 30-day retention in four months.
- Optimized the mechanics and user acquisition funnel from Facebook and added over 30% of daily traffic through organic referrals.
Senior Product Manager
- Managed a portfolio of features and Zynga best practices to drive core business metrics for games of up to 12 million daily active users and accounted for $4,000,000+ in recurring revenue.
- Developed original gamification mechanics and features that consistently improved engagement metrics and payer conversion across multiple features twofold and fourfold.
- Standardized A/B testing processes and reporting with a data-driven approach to streamline decision-making and live operation of social games.
GemFair by De Beers Grouphttps://www.debeersgroup.com/views/2020/the-gemfair-way
Led the design, development, and launch of GemFair, a blockchain-based diamond tracing platform for artisanal miners, to include ethically sourced diamonds in the global trade.
SME Digital Bank for the UAE
Spearheaded the innovation and incubation of an SME digital bank in the UAE, in the field of stealth, which recently raised $500+ million in funding.
COVID-19 Emergency Response System
Led the MVP build process of the COVID-19 emergency response system for a leading world health organization to fulfill masks and other PPE needs globally.
Bachelor's Degree in Nanotechnology Engineering
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring