Founder and CEO2019 - PRESENTFuturePlans
- Founded a life and estate planning marketplace.
- Researched market and competition, conducting hundreds of user interviews to understand requirements and define the problem space.
- Led discovery to develop lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes to define prioritized backlog.
- Managed backlog and drove major architectural and feature decisions.
- Launched alpha to test users for further testing and iteration of the initial live data product.
Entrepreneur-in-Residence2018 - 2018Grand Central Tech
- Explored opportunities related to insurtech and fintech.
- Researched various markets and technologies related to financial services and insurance.
- Interviewed SME's to deepen understanding of market landscape.
- Conducted market landscaping, analyzing competitors, products and macro trends.
- Analyzed market needs to determine new product opportunity and market entry strategy.
Founder and CEO2017 - 2018FuneralPlan
- Founded a funeral planning search and discovery platform to provide price transparency.
- Conducted market research, user interviews, and prototypes to inform product roadmap.
- Built team and managed backlog during build.
- Launched product and conducted marketing testing.
- Decided to discontinue due to poor unit economics.
Director, Product Management2016 - 2017CapitalOne
- Led new product development in the NY Labs, overseeing exploration and application of new tech-related to consumer finance.
- Implemented Lean and Agile to improve product process and focus.
- Conducted market research to develop strategy, vision, and roadmap related to the delivery of a new automated savings app.
- Utilized design sprints and design thinking to understand consumer needs and enable rapid iteration of the prototype.
- Managed and mentored a team of junior product managers implementing a performance measurement approach to enable improved career development.
- Devised and delivered product management training for new hires, outlining product management techniques (Agile, Lean, HCD) to enable rapid onboarding and training of new hires.
Product Manager - Consultant2015 - 2015Fortune 100 Insurer
- Hired to build and coach a new Agile pod with cross-functional capabilities to execute against KPIs.
- Coached product owner about best-practice related to product, opportunity identification, backlog prioritization, and scope.
- Derived roadmap, vision, and strategy to socialize with senior leadership and across the organisation.
- Worked with C-level executives to identify market opportunities and transform organization to align with product-thinking approach.
- Implemented best practices related to consumer insight and user testing to improve customer-focus of design and engineering teams.
Product Manager - Consultant2014 - 2015Fortune 100 Insurer
- Led new product initiative to deliver an automated pricing platform to improve underwriting experience.
- Conducted interviews with stakeholders to understand work process flows and document requirements.
- Worked with the UX team to wireframe and conduct user tests of prototypes before build-out.
- Built backlog of prioritized features and managed the cross-functional teams to deliver the v_1.0 of pricing tool.
- Socialized effort with C-level executives to achieve buy-in and ensure continued support for the project.
Founder and CEO2013 - 2014RevMax
- Founded company focused on revenue optimization SMB's in the hospitality space (hotels).
- Built founding team and identified market opportunity based on SME interviews and outreach.
- Conducted market research, and competitor analysis to determine to go-to-market strategy.
- Developed customers for initial proof of concept, negotiated contracts and partnership agreements.
- Gathered requirements from partners and built a roadmap for feature roadmap.
Product Manager2012 - 2013Zynga
- Shipped seven new product features for flagship FarmVille franchise with ~2 million DAU.
- Conceived and executed a puzzle-based game to drive engagement and retain users. The social aspect sourced ~10% of DAU and generated ~$100,000 revenue through the product lifecycle.
- Created and released themed feature-set, with staged release to reduce complexity and risk, resulting in ~5% increase in user engagement and 17bps lift in retention.
- Identified and targeted less engaged user segment with a revenue-focused “promotional” feature, using multi-variate testing to optimize discount and duration, resulting in ~3% daily incremental revenue lift.
- Gathered requirements and worked with cross-functional teams to deliver the product.
Consultant2010 - 2012Boston Consulting Group
- Oversaw the product development - project managed initial rollout of a complex, multimillion-dollar trading platform, building roadmaps for a leading global hedge fund to save $100 million in three years.
- Spearheaded the tech implementation - winner of 12th Annual "Polaris Award" for outstanding client impact when implementing improved operations for a global hedge fund leading to $1 billion NPV in savings.
- Developed the growth strategy - identified a go-to-market strategy for $10 billion consumer goods company, recommending an organic growth strategy yielding $200 million in potential incremental revenues.