Gustavo Loureiro dos Reis
Verified Expert in Product Management
Gustavo is a seasoned growth marketer with experience in the education, gaming, health, and travel sectors. With an impressive knack for copywriting, he creates effective copy whose focus is always to enhance conversion. Gustavo's expertise also extends to designing and optimizing sales funnels, landing pages, effective ads, and CRM. Finally, Gustavo has consistently demonstrated a user-centered approach to his work, enabling him to successfully navigate from solopreneurs to big enterprises.
Forbes LLC - Main
- Changed an email sequence that increased Labor Day's sales by 11% in conversion.
- Increased conversion on abandoned cart sequence of emails. Changed an email sequence that increased Labor Day's sales by 11% in conversion.
- Increased subscriptions to newsletters by changing the description text at each one of the six most important ones.
Marketing Copywriter | Content Strategist
The University of Tulsa - Communications & Marketing
- Rewrote 84 pages of Tulsa's main website for a more compelling copy and more attuned with TU's intended tone of voice.
- Changed the International Student's brochure copy, driving 150% more views to the video about Tulsa for international students.
- Rewrote TU's main page for better readability and conversion for the most important step: applying as a student.
Facebook Ads Specialist
Eduardo Abreu Foss de Oliveira
- Worked on optimizing Facebook Ads to reduce CPA from R$1.00 to slightly less than R$0.40 (60% reduction).
- Applied Facebook Leads form to reduce CPA from R$1.00 to a little less than R$0.40.
- Optimized targeting, campaign structure, and copy to reduce CPA on Facebook Ads.
Publicis Groupe EMEA - LePub Netherlands
- Provided copywriting service for a new social gathering app.
- Created a localized version for the copy of the social gathering app.
- Organized a 10-people demo group in Sao Paulo to test the social gathering app.
Growth Marketing Director
- Created an eight-channel funnel to successfully market Video FAQ, a Shopify app for FAQs with video.
- Started three successful social media accounts to market Video FAQ and the Shopify app.
- Optimized Google Ads keywords to 80%, reducing the costs with no loss of leads.
Product and Marketing Lead
- Developed a Facebook Meta Campaign that successfully led to new app downloads for $3 CPA involving a frame reversal.
- Did a full audit on the app with Posthog for Product Analytics and uncovered two major areas with dropoffs.
- Audited the app for UX flaws and found 18 medium to high-importance changes that, when fixed, improved the app's conversion by 26%.
Head of Product
Teach Me To
- Analyzed the website for CRO opportunities and drove overall conversion from 1.8% to 3.5% in two months.
- Overhauled the general engineering process to deliver medium to large tasks inside one-week cycles rather than four.
- Implemented all necessary Google, Facebook, and Tiktok tracking for marketing conversion.
Principal Product Manager
- Drove discovery for growth opportunities in all company areas.
- Created product management best practices and educated the product team to implement them.
- Implemented tools and processes that enhanced the overall performance of the product team.
- Led negotiations with branding and growth marketing stakeholders, keeping everyone on the same page regarding the product vision.
- Analyzed the feature to turn Buedas into a blockchain that would yield NFT badges for hardcore users.
- Vetted and interviewed talents wanting to joy the platform.
- Reviewed online tests that talents undertook to join Toptal.
- Analyzed presentations that talents sent to join Toptal.
Zero to Hero Education
- Audited the platform to be in accordance with the current marketing practices.
- Implemented and tested a marketing strategy as we worked toward a product-market fit.
- Worked with the client to get a clear understanding of marketing goals and correct KPIs to follow.
Product, Market, and User Researcher and Analyst
- Defined and listed the reasons behind merchants' buying decisions when purchasing a theme in the Theme Store.
- Created an actionable plan to address the findings and improve ranking and the disconnect between merchant needs and wants.
- Delivered more insight into how to make Shopify products more successful.
Functional Patterns LLC
- Coached David to find the correct strategy for long- and medium-term growth.
- Wrote and fixed seven landing pages to have a better copywriting appeal to increase conversion.
- Outlined the most important topics to tackle for growth in the long term.
Growth Product Manager
- Searched and implemented product growth opportunities by changing the user experience and applying mental triggers.
- Coordinated with the growth marketing team on platform integrations such as Salesforce, Amplitude, and ads on Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Tiktok.
- Managed the product roadmap and handled discovery and prototyping to get tests done as quickly as possible, granting the most likely path to growth.
- Conducted discovery for changing our internal currency (Buedas) into a blockchain that would yield NFT badges for hardcore users.
Growth Marketing Director
- Created sales funnels for all courses, handling from social media ads to upsell checkout.
- Managed every certified public accountant (CPA) to keep the return on advertising spend (ROAS) as high as possible.
- Developed and tested almost 20 new offers per week, every week.
- Directed each single sales video and oversaw post-production.
- Prototyped and created minigames to teach English to beginner and intermediate-level learners.
- Connected the front and back end on several different back end as a service (BaaS).
- Spearheaded user experience, level design, and the overall experience design.
Quantitative Risk Analyst
BANCO BOCOM BBM S.A.
- Analyzed the viability of changing the internal SQL database to a NoSQL database.
- Translated the most important queries from SQL to C# to quantify risk.
- Saved millions of dollars in migrations by coordinating the transition from an SQL database to a NoSQL database.
WhatsApp Sales Channel for Buserhttps://www.buser.com.br/whatsapp
Led the discovery, prototyping, and development of a whole new sales channel now contributing to over 18% of the total revenue in Buser.
Decision Tree Model to Optimize Routes Revenue at Buserhttp://buser.com.br
Led the creation of a process to determine what to do with weak routes and reduce the time for becoming profitable, increasing profitability by $2 million in the first quarter.
Teaching Growth Marketing at Udemy to 12,000+ Studentshttps://www.udemy.com/user/gustavoloureirodosreis/
Created top-rated and top-selling copywriting and AI courses in Portuguese and English. These were delivered via Udemy to more than 12,000 professionals.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Aeronautics Institute of Technology (ITA) - São Jose dos Campos, Brazil
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring