Verified Expert in Product Management
With over three years of experience in product management for AI at Google, James is an expert in product strategy and product development. He has implemented digital transformation at a $1 billion market-cap bank. In 2016, he built and ran a product team that invented a multi-platform digital application, acquired into global distribution by Samsung and took top honors at CES. He was hired into an Innovation Lab by Samsung after founding a mobile app and sensor hardware company.
Product Strategy Advisor
- Consulted on strategy for new product definition and validation.
Product Strategy Consultant
- Advised on portfolio strategy for Samsung Next to deliver differentiating consumer-facing software and services, leveraging Samsung's strategic market advantages.
- Built a causal model for product strategy, incorporating informatics, technology, and behavioral psychology.
- Researched specific product categories and developed market-entry and hypotheses-validation strategy.
- Identified and onboarded partner companies.
- Built a roadmap for product go-to-market and lean hypothesis validation.
SVP Digital Banking
- Assessed infrastructure, system software, architecture, vendors, personnel-allocation, and strategy for technology throughout the organization.
- Redesigned digital banking development roadmap factoring banking and operations strategy, investment requirements, technology, and human resource implications, working from high-level company goals.
- Investigated and prototyped deep-learning AI technologies for process optimization.
- Directed the design and provision of an HR Optimal Matching software platform.
- Led internal reorganization to establish cross-functional product team structure for differentiating software.
- Implemented workflow changes for retail mobile and internet banking resulting in improved usability, increased customer satisfaction, and significant cost-saving.
- Conducted an analysis of regional fintech activity and market trends. Informed bank strategy on acquisition targets and startup partnerships.
Product Team CEO
Samsung Global Innovation Center
- Built and managed cross-functional digital innovation teams.
- Managed post-acquisition integration and a global roll-out of multi-platform consumer applications with Samsung Digital Appliances.
- Invented and trialed integrated hardware and software products with a mandate to deliver novel recurring revenue products for Samsung.
- Presented projects, methodology, and results to Samsung CEOs.
- Directed strategy, team design, hiring, and project management.
- Founded technology startup.
- Invented and brought to market mobile applications and accessory hardware.
- Directed marketing, crowd-funding campaigns, and digital advertising.
FPGA ASIC Engineer
- Integrated a circuit design for communication infrastructure and medical devices.
- Authored multiple design patents.
Central Internalized Labor Market
Brought a novel industrial organization project from concept through to delivery with a remote team.
Hypothesized, prototyped, and rapidly iterated a unique connected device application that quickly gained traction with users.
Retail Bank Digital Transformation
Established cross-functional product development at a national bank with lasting positive organizational impact.
Bachelor's Degree (Honors) in Physics
Canterbury University - New Zealand