Verified Expert in Product Management
As a SaaS product leader, Janis has been lucky to work with venture-backed startups, biotechnology companies, and global consultancies, helping to bridge the gap between their business priorities, user needs, and technology capabilities. He enjoys company scaleup moments where he leads talented cross-functional teams of product managers, analysts, designers, and technologists to do their best work – build products that solve real problems and create impactful end-user experiences.
Head of Product
- Managed several roadmap revisions based on a product opportunity assessment, overseas direct investment (ODI), and other frameworks.
- Grew product and engineering units five times to 90+ team members within two years. Later, I oversaw a split process into two separate departments for more effective performance.
- Led technical and creative product teams and collaborated with other peer executives to rapidly scale product and engineering organizations. Also, I defined product planning and a strategy and established product operations.
Senior eCommerce and Platform Strategist
- Coached and project-managed an introduction of eCommerce capabilities with Shopify to establish European fashion manufacturing.
- Led technology research and approach design for a bra-fitting app using a third scanning approach.
- Built a product strategy and business plan for an ingredient ontology-aware search engine used by pharmacists.
- Provided strategy advice and post-Magento2 migration platform management for US-based children's product manufacturer.
Product Strategy Adviser
- Created a roadmap, lead process, and tool digitization process for a 100-year-old publishing company in the construction industry.
- Oversaw gathering of requirements and built a product strategy for a mobile platform connecting esports gamers and facilitating escrow functionality and game tracking via machine learning.
- Coached a client team to perform user research and interviews to craft a roadmap for a service targeting data scientists.
Associate Director, Ecommerce & Digital
- Formed multi-disciplinary groups (eCommerce enablement, insights and search engine marketing, marketing content integration, and web development).
- Sponsored and led projects such as taxonomy redesign, cross-sell modeling and testing, free shipping modeling, a new shipping model design that gained margin improvement by 37%, social media playbook development, and PunchOut enablement for eProcurement customers.
- Built eCommerce experience and environment to attain 31% annual revenue growth compared to 22% revenue growth of the company.
Senior Strategist, eCommerce and Digital Platforms
- Served as the senior business analyst for Nike’s multi-million dollar NG360 Golf project; exceeded 12-month goals within the first two weeks that landed the second multi-million dollar phase (focused on business analysis and roadmaps).
- Headed successful completion of requirements gathering, strategy definition, and iteration planning for Bombardier Recreational Products and Vehicles.
- Focused on customer experience, competitive audits, persona development and testing, working with international clients like Nike Golf, Microsoft, Xbox Kinect, Starbucks, Bombardier (BRP), SaskTel, and Michelin as the global digital strategist.
UX and Front-end Lead
Elastic Path Software
- Supervised the redesign, usability testing, A/B Split experiments, and the store-front implementation process for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Site, Hudson`s Bay Company, and Hockey Canada for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Worked with internal client teams as the senior lead in driving; usability testing, customer experience analysis, design, wireframe creation, microsite development, and multiple store features concept development.
- Provided product development, professional services, and marketing support increasing department growth margins as the manager of internal front-end team and vendors.
Co-founder + CEO
- Co-founded an international web agency, responsible for business development and partnership programs; working with nine countries and over 60 high-profile clients.
- Established an outsourcing partnership program that secured international growth opportunities for Emotion; generated over 55% of the company’s revenue and exceeded planned revenue by 60%.
- Managed project development for 60+ clients from nine countries, varying in size from sole proprietorship to international organizations.
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Online Store
Supervised the redesign, usability testing, A/B Split experiments, and the storefront implementation process.
Strobox - Photography Lighting Education Platform
What started with an iPhone app, grew into 12,500 submissions, 4 published books, and 68,000 Facebook Fans.
Nike Golf 360 Apphttps://news.nike.com/news/nike-golf-360-app-goes-global
Introduced a new way of tracking, competing, and connecting with Nike Golf.
Co-founder and product owner of first on-demand CRM in Baltics.
Publication: “Benchmark Report of Online Stores in Lithuania”
Surveyed 144 online stores and published 15 reports on the current state of eCommerce in Lithuania.
Continuing Studies in Business Analysis Essentials
Simon Fraser University - Vancouver, Canada
Masters Level Courses in Organizational Leadership
Azusa Pacific University - Online
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
LCC International University - Lithuania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring