Proposition Lead | New Product Developer2018 - 2019Bank of New Zealand
- Researched the problem space with customer interviews and competitor analysis.
- Defined the opportunities and set the product vision.
- Guided the user experience research and design team.
- Set up the (mobile) delivery squad and managed the product roadmap.
- Managed all of the stakeholders including marketing, risk, sales/service, and senior management.
- Established product KPIs and monitoring.
(Interim) COO | CPO2012 - 2018Lacuna Solutions
- Established the product function and hired a high-performing team of designers, product managers, and BAs.
- Managed all operations and established a continuous improvement program for the data quality hub.
- Represented the product suite to clients at sales presentations.
- Pitched to VCs during funding rounds.
- Drove the company roadmap and prioritized initiatives.
- Created the first wireframes, while in the bootstrapping phase, to represent the product vision to partners, clients, and early team members.
Senior Product Manager2015 - 2017Kiwibank Limited
- Led customer and competitor research to identify unsolved problems and "reimagine" the home financing (mortgage) experience.
- Ran an E2E review of internal operations and a cost and throughput analysis to identify weaknesses and opportunities that saved the bank over $1 million.
- Built an investment case for a fresh approach to home lending that would create long-term loyalty, reduced operational costs, and increased the market share.
- Managed the home loans portfolio—responsible for pricing, retention, growth, and marketing.
- Established and led the first cross-functional "squad" as a test for "new ways of working."
Senior Change Lead2014 - 2015Kiwibank Limited
- Created, from scratch, the first change management framework and toolset for a $100 million IT program.
- Onboarded and coached change managers to use the tools effectively.
- Coached senior management to understand the change framework and ensure effective delivery into their divisions.
Senior Change Lead2012 - 2014RBS
- Initiated and delivered new target operating models for global functions.
- Brokedown global siloes to bring together a centralized operational risk function under one global head.
- Authored business cases and gained approval from multiple employment councils across Europe and Asia.
Market Manager — Retail Deposits2010 - 2012Kiwibank Limited
- Delivered $1 billion year-on-year growth through a mixture of product, pricing, promotion, process and placement initiatives, both tactical and strategic.
- Researched customer retention and "moments of truth" to inform new frontline operating and customer contact models, ultimately improving retention at a lower cost to service.
- Developed an NZ-first savings innovation—from conception to implementation—exceeding growth expectations and growing market share.
- Owned the liabilities/deposits portfolio management, post-GFC, and through a period of significant market uncertainty.
- Built the annual business planning and interim forecasting model.
- Set marketing objectives and approved marketing plans and spend.
Business Improvement Lead2008 - 2010Kiwibank Limited
- Launched and led multiple projects, applying six sigma methodology to achieve over $500,000 PA benefits.
Projects2004 - 2008Toyota New Zealand
- Built a model to explain new and used car sales and also impacted the warehouse space requirements for the coming ten years and more.
- Researched innovative technologies and, based on my viability assessment, put together a case for not progressing.
- Built a business case for $7.5-million investment in new warehouse space while working with sales, finance, architects, dealerships, product, and inventory.
- Delivered new reporting capability and streamlined the production of reports to improve efficiency by two FTE.