Verified Expert in Product Management
Masha is a fractional product technology executive specializing in integrations, marketplaces, and SaaS-net technologies. She brings diversified experience from early and late-stage startups that went all the way to IPOs and from being a serial startup founder herself. Before transitioning to product strategy, Masha started her career 20+ years ago as a software engineer, building search engines and web applications. She leverages innovation, technology, and data to drive business impact.
SVP of Engineering
- Analyzed 10 different data vendors and defined a partner-agnostic canonical data model.
- Designed and defined events in JSON to support a canonical data model for partner-agnostic architecture.
- Recommended process improvements and structured cross-functional, technical data projects.
- Delivered 10 integrations across 65 business events.
- Defined strategic themes and supporting roadmaps, product increments, and iterations.
- Supported a platform engineering organization consisting of the front end, back end, full stack, RPA, no code, QA, DevOps, and scrum masters.
- Defined the organization design via stream-aligned pods.
Co-founder and CTO
- Led a SaaS-enabled marketplace product development and achieved elite 12-week retention rates of 51% to 65%.
- Helped raise $5 million in seed funding to set up platform operations.
- Wrote onboarding sequences, product guides, and product blogs.
- Gained acceptance into the 500 Startups accelerator, an early-stage venture fund and seed accelerator with an acceptance rate of 1.5%. It was founded in 2010 by Dave McClure and Christine Tsai.
- Was chosen to become a Forbes Technology Council contributor.
- Set up an analytics infrastructure that informed customer conversion and acquisition strategies.
- Delivered a world-class SaaS net platform for commercial real estate lenders.
Batch 21 Alumna
- Got accepted into 500 Startups Batch 21 (typical acceptance rate is 1.5%).
- Participated in marketing hell week while running an existing startup.
- Built out a startup product, marketed the product, led the sales effort, and stood up all operational reporting.
Co-founder | Head of Product
- Collaborated with a co-founder to develop a product roadmap.
- Led the design and development of the company's lending decision engine.
- Conducted customer interviews, then analyzed and extracted insights.
- Built a go-to-market strategy to acquire initial customers.
- Defined the product roadmap along with detailed user journeys and user stories.
- Launched an MVP of the initial product and solicited client feedback.
- Served as an interim head of product for a social media analytics company.
- Developed product roadmaps for multiple clients in healthtech, adtech, and consumer tech industries.
- Defined user stories, managed backlogs, and solicited requirements from corporate clients.
Director of Engineering
- Managed and delivered an audience intelligence big data platform that generated $1 million in MRR.
- Trained and mentored 14 product development teams on Agile excellence.
- Project managed key DevOps initiatives to set up continuous integration and continuous delivery processes.
Senior Systems Integrator
Department of Defense (DoD)
- Provided engineering support, systems design and architecture, vendor management, and technical expertise to various defense health information management systems (DHIMS) within the DoD.
- Validated system integration specifications, which included hardware and software in-lab installs.
- Collaborated with enterprise architecture teams to ensure that security specifications were put in place.
Software Engineer | Project Manager | Senior Technical Program Manager
- Assisted with the development of the first-of-its-kind streaming media player as a software engineer.
- Defined product roadmaps, scope, and functional requirements. Conducted executive stakeholder briefings and mediated and facilitated approvals.
- Performed gap, functional, technical, and financial analysis to define integration strategies.
- Served on the post-merger planning advisory committee: represented IT for all online web application properties, facilitated the process to define the business strategy and objectives, and oversaw the analysis of overall systems dependencies.
- Defined and managed the strategy for stress and load testing of online products in support of multiple TV marketing campaigns and holiday readiness efforts.
- Developed several products from the ground up, including scope, use cases, user stories, test cases, and product review presentations.
- Received a Webby for the Best Radio award and a Best Radio Website award from the Web Marketing Association.
Software Engineer | Product Manager
- Defined product roadmaps for PBS, BBC America, AIDS Marathon, and Riggs Bank.
- Developed a PBS video index search algorithm to help teachers find video segments that were aligned with their teaching plans.
- Built several scalable, data-driven web applications for clients.
RealAtom | SaaS-enabled Marketplace for Commercial Real Estate Loanshttp://www.realatom.com
Led product development of a SaaS-enabled marketplace for commercial real estate borrowers, brokers, and lenders. The product won multiple industry awards, processed over $14 billion in loans, and achieved elite retention rates of over 50%.
Artist Search for Satellite Radio Listenershttp://www.siriusxm.com
Architected and developed a smart search algorithm that searched for artist names and song names against live streaming data and predicted what channel the artist was going to play on next.
My goal was to write a flexible search algorithm that found the artist by name even though, more than half the time, names were being misspelled. The next step was to recommend what channel that artist was going to appear on in the near future. The added challenge was tapping into streaming data to get the artist names and channel appearances.
Master's Degree in Information Systems Management
George Washington University - Washington, DC, USA
CIO University Certificate
GSA CIO University