Verified Expert in Product Management
Mikhail has 10+ years of experience specializing in B2B2C marketplaces, AI, eCommerce, and real estate. While his primary focus is multiplying company profits via product management, he likes to help with engineering leadership, growth hacking, hiring, and company culture. Mikhail's greatest achievements include founding five companies (two of which were acquired), leading products in multinational companies with 5,000+ engineers, and bringing many startups to profitability and greater success.
Improve the News Foundation
- Took the product from a small site built by students for a large, unbiased media outlet with millions of users.
- Launched new product verticals: podcasts and news context explainer videos, bringing unbiased news to new audiences.
- Took the organization and the products through the rebranding and complete UX overhaul.
Head of Product
Skychute Pty Ltd
- Built the engineering team from 0 to 12, with most of them working remotely from all over the world.
- Worked with internal and external stakeholders delivering products to the market.
- Led the project of the complete rebuilding of the platform for buymyplace.com.au.
Head of Product and Founder
- Developed the AI-based technology that reads text in three languages and extracts facts better than humans. The technology remains on track for completion at the end of 2021.
- Built the product for fact-checking and fake news detection for news outlets.
- Acquired several medium-sized media companies as customers on a $10,000/month subscription.
Kent and Lime
- Launched AI Stylist, a tool that worked almost as well as a human stylist but much faster.
- Built a data analytics and business reporting tool allowing the business to make better stock and product decisions.
- Led the development of the company's internal system that automated procurement, order picking, shipping, returns, and settlement.
Product Group Manager
- Launched three new products targeted to the business users: real estate agents, car dealers and service providers, in under 10 months increasing verticals’ LTV by 250%.
- Built the product management and engineering team for the B2B products department, established an exceptional engineering culture.
- Established the competitive intelligence and the business intelligence practice within the department, allowing us to get real-time metrics for all competitors.
Head of Product, Co-founder
- Built the business and the product from scratch on very limited bootstrap funding.
- Delivered five different monetization schemes, all profitable.
- Launched the photo education app in three major regions (SE Asia, Latin America, and North America).
- Brought the company to operational profitability, increasing share value by 500%.
- Launched the taxi-hailing app in 48 cities, the largest coverage on the market by far.
- Launched ERP system for taxi companies, improving the average taxi wait time by 300% and providing an additional revenue stream for the business.
- Increased the revenue of the eCommerce platform by 25% with a new shop offers presentation and sorting algorithm.
- Added 4 million MAU and $4.5 million in annual revenue by launching new mobile products.
- Established an eCommerce startup accelerator within the company allowing Yandex to take advantage of new innovation in the space.
- Delivered a platform to market in six months, profitable from day one.
- Built the engineering team from 0 to 20 in three offices worldwide.
- Increased adoption by evangelizing at development conferences.
E-Style Software House
- Delivered a billing system with 3 billion daily transactions.
- Built an authentication service for a WiFi network with 14 million DAU, covering an area of 2,511 km².
- Built a superannuation accounting system used by 150 million people.
Fake News Detectorhttps://factread.io/
I've founded a company and created AI technology to do fact checking and detect fake news.
The product has been sold as a subscription service to several medium-sized media companies in the EU.
As a consultant, I led the complete platform rebuilt effort for buymyplace.com.au managing stakeholders across five different companies and an engineering team of 10 to deliver the project.
Interest-focused Social Network
Led the product team and engineering team and delivered mobile and web products to the market in four months, gathering 1 million users in 1 month after launch. Two months later, I launched location-based advertising capability within the product.
After building the initial product, I focused on monetization and have launched the geofencing advertising product with the top three advertising agencies, allowing retail and restaurant businesses to target people nearby with special offers.
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Moscow State Forest University - Russia
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring