CTO | Product Manager | Co-founder2018 - PRESENTAlooki
- Worked as a vital member of the leadership team responsible for defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Communicated about the statuses of leading content creation, blogging, and website.
- Drove business strategy through market research.
- Contributed hands-on to Python programming and hardware/software architecture (IoT, Raspberry Pi).
- Worked with the following core technologies: Python, Raspberry Pi, Linux, TensorFlow, OpenCV, G Suite, Google Maps, and 3D printing.
- Designed and developed an automated data analysis leveraging AI and ML (Tensorflow, OpenCV).
Product Manager2018 - 2018Imperva
- Researched the market and competitors to determine the security product's vision.
- Worked closely with customers to gather key requirements and define compelling user stories.
- Managed the product backlog in an Agile/Scrum setting.
- Wrote blogs and recorded promotional videos in collaboration with marketing.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, development, and legal) to align the product offering with market needs and corporate strategy.
- Worked with the following technologies: Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365, and G Suite.
Chief Technologist, Camouflage2016 - 2018Imperva
- Helped, post-acquisition, drive technology adoption and knowledge transfer.
- Established data masking and data classification product vision, roadmap, and releases.
- Worked closely with sales/marketing to define the pitch deck and other collateral to support the buying journey.
- Led the successful rapid development of freeware data classification tool in support of marketing lead generation.
- Worked closely with customers to gather key requirements and define compelling use cases.
- Wrote blogs and delivered webinars in collaboration with marketing.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, development, legal) to align the product offering with market needs and corporate strategy.
- Worked remotely with geographically distributed teams (the US, Canada, Israel, and Europe).
CTO | Product Manager | Co-founder2007 - 2016Camouflage Software, Inc.
- Worked with stakeholders/customers to define vision for data security products.
- Defined the product from inception through many iterations and successful public releases.
- Worked cross-functionally as pre-sales engineer and implementation consultant for many long-standing Fortune 500 clients.
- Helped define the go-to-market strategy, sales pitch, and marketing collateral.
- Provided briefings to help ensure favorable analyst coverage.
- Promoted company/product through presentations and speaking at conferences and blogs.
- Named as lead inventor on two patents.
- Collaborated with the Agile development team—managing the backlog, user stories, and sprints.
- Worked with finance on financial modeling for budgeting, to secure funding, and more.
- Acted as the key member of the leadership team leading up to the successful acquisition by Imperva in 2016.
- Worked with the following technologies/methodologies: Agile, Kanban, Java, data masking, data classification, and data subsetting.
Co-founder | Solutions Architect | PeopleSoft Implementation Consultant1998 - 2013Plato Consulting
- Helped define/execute the business plan to grow and diversify consulting revenues.
- Worked as a key member of the leadership team—leading up to the successful acquisition by KPMG in 2013.
- Led the development in an enterprise data masking spin-off company (Camouflage).
- Worked within an ERP implementation team for Fortune 500 companies.
- Gathered requirements, designed technical architectures, and delivered well-tested and documented code/processes.
- Defined and delivered ERP product customizations and legacy data conversions.
- Designed, implemented, and optimized data models and queries for a number of relational database engines.
- Managed development team activities, resourcing, reporting, and more.
- Spearheaded the network architecture design and implementation including disaster recovery planning.
- Defined, developed, tested, and documented the HR/payroll/benefits/financials processes during numerous successful ERP implementations.
- Provided ERP upgrade consulting services to private and public sector clients.
- Worked with the following technologies: PeopleSoft, ADP Enterprise, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, and Windows.
PeopleSoft Developer1997 - 1998Newtel Information Solutions
- Participated in the successful upgrade of PeopleSoft ERP for three telcos in the Atlantic Provinces (Canada).
- Analyzed and designed payroll/GL interfaces (including legacy systems).
- Designed tables, menus and process definitions, security policies, and legacy data conversion/importing for PeopleSoft HR/payroll/benefits modules.
- Led the successful development and implementation of electronic personnel action forms.
- Used the following tools/technologies: Lotus Notes/Domino, PeopleTools (PeopleCode, Data/Menu/Panel/Business Process Workflow), Designer, Import Manager, Application Upgrader, Operator Security), SQL, SQR, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Co-founder | Vice President of Marketing | System Administrator1996 - 1997Net Works Internet Services
- Co-founded a website design company at a time when the world wide web was just gathering steam.
- Worked with my partners to create a business plan, obtain funding and acquire/configure the required servers.
- Implemented system administration of Windows (NT)-based web, email, DNS, and FTP servers.
- Coded the website including the interactive forms.
- Was awarded, along with another recipient, The P.J. Gardiner Award for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL).
- Used the following technologies: WindowsNT, HTML, CGI (C/C++), and IIS.