Verified Expert in Engineering
Abhilash is a developer with over 15 years of hands-on experience. He’s primarily focused on data management, data modeling, data migration, data analysis, advanced analytics, enterprise reporting, cloud implementation, and converting data into reports and actionable KPIs (Tableau). Where Abhilash shines is in database development (management, warehousing, ingesting), Informatica, Azure, SSIS, writing queries, and working with SQL and PL/SQL.
Database Applications, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Tableau, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing
The most amazing...
...project I've contributed to is the creation of CHRO dashboards for Cummins. They were extremely accurate and became the single source of truth for the company.
Business Applications Developer III
- Developed multiple data marts like finance, HR, and collections; also created reports and dashboards using Tableau.
- Set up the Tableau Server for the entire organization and created security models and assigned more than 100 users to different groups.
- Automated many integration processes between different applications, e.g., between ADP and Salesforce along with automating the new-hire and exit processes using SSIS.
- Performed the technical feasibility of the requirements and provided alternative solutions to the stakeholders.
- Automated course assignments to learners in a learning management system through API by using SSIS.
- Used SSIS to create mappings and schedule the loads into Salesforce and also extract from Salesforce.
Senior Solutions Specialist
- Worked as a technical lead and data architect—implementing overall design of the solution including the data movement/modeling and reporting.
- Worked on SQL and PL/SQL scripts (procedure, function, and packages) and resolved performance issues by tuning the queries.
- Provided the physical data models and logical data models.
- Oversaw the different test cycles like FUT, TUT, SIT, and UAT along with reviewing and validating the technical documentation.
- Performed the technical feasibility of the requirements and provided the alternative solutions to the client.
- Led a team of six people and tracked work progress to meet deadlines.
Department of Finance Services and Innovation
- Demonstrated the BI features to clients and participated in the requirement gathering and analysis.
- Created the data model for this BI solution and planned and developed all the ETL routines by using SSIS and created reports and dashboards in OBIEE.
- Created the dashboard for the minister by using the tool DOMO.
- Designed and developed the database tasks for a trends report in the app.
- Generated solutions in OBIEE/BI/DWH (end to end).
- Created daily basis reports and scheduled the reports as per user request.
- Maintained a BI application by resolving the BI issues, monitoring the daily BI loads, and implementing the CRs on a quarterly basis.
Senior ETL Developer
Department of Education and Training
- Ported all the Oracle target code to an SQL Server and created a high-level design and low-level design in EA.
- Implemented ETL specifications and developed the ETLs to load data from the source to DM.
- Created dashboards using OBIEE and created an SSAS cube for reporting and analysis.
- Worked as an ETL module lead and implemented the ETL design for this project.
- Created the TDD and reviewed the documents created by peers.
- Mapped the different legacy systems (CMS-Link, C2AP, VROR, and E Directory) in relation to the Siebel customer service application.
- Developed Oracle procedures, Informatica mappings, and Unix shell scripts.
- Developed ETL mappings for one module (ERP-HR systems) in the data conversion.
- Mapped the two different systems (PeopleSoft, Oracle apps).
- Liaised with the client to understand the requirements.
- Created and reviewed Oracle procedures and Informatica mappings and validated unit testing documents.
- Contributed to the development, enhancement, and implementation of the enterprise data warehousing (EDW) process and data mart.
- Worked on the complete SDLC from extraction, transformation, and loading of data using Informatica.
- Created Oracle procedures or Informatica mappings to move from various systems to a single transaction history database.
- Created, updated, and maintained ETL technical documentation.
Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions for Cummins
Finance Data Mart Implementation
Fuel Check App for Government of New South Wales
ELT Dashboards for Pioneer Natural Resources
Along with leading the team of six people and tracked the progress of the work to meet the deadlines, I provided physical data models and logical data models. I also oversaw the different test cycles like FUT, TUT, SIT, and UAT and reviewed and validated the technical documentation.
I also worked on SQL and PL/SQL scripts (procedures, functions, and packages) and resolved performance issue by tuning the queries. I also configured the RPD (physical, logical, and presentation layers) as per the business requirements. In addition, I developed and deployed the RPD in a MUDE environment and deployed the RPD
Tableau, Informatica ETL, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Toad, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Smartsheet, Domo, Salesforce CPQ, Google Sheets
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, Database Design
Oracle, Salesforce, Azure, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Databases, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Pipelines, SQL Server 2017, SQL Stored Procedures, Database Modeling, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Azure SQL, Azure SQL Databases, PL/SQL, Database Architecture, Database Testing, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server 2016
Informatica, Data Warehousing, Complex Data Analysis, Data Analysis, Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse Design, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Migration, Informatica Cloud, Troubleshooting, Data Management, Tableau Server, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, APIs, Machine Learning, Big Data, Google BigQuery, Database Applications, B Oracle
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University - Hyderabad, India
DAT207: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI
Salesforce Platform Developer I