Data Engineer2019 - PRESENTFortune 500 company
Technologies: AWS EMR, SPARK, Python, Redshift, AWS S3, AWS CLI, Airflow
- Developed an ETL pipeline based on PySPARK running on AWS EMR for extraction of data from Redshift to S3.
- Developed a marketing discount recommendation engine based on machine learning in PySPARK.
- Automated a marketing pipeline in Jenkins.
- Developed data quality checks in PySPARK.
- Managed EMR cluster creation/termination in AWS CLI and AWS console.
Senior Database Marketing Analyst2017 - 2018eBay
Technologies: Teradata SQL, Python, Hive, PySPARC, Tableau, Scikit-learn, tensor flow
- Developed targeting scripts for flagship marketing campaigns with an emphasis on email, mobile push notification, social, and on-site channels. The campaigns often targeted over 50 million users and sometimes resulted in over $100,000 in iGMB annually.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained multi-armed bandit algorithms written in Python while adhering to marketing standards and processes within eBay. The algorithm was measured to generate $5 mil. annually.
- Trained an algorithm for send-time optimization. This has resulted in a 15% increase in click-through-rate in campaigns where it was implemented.
- Assessed existing email, social, and mobile marketing campaigns in terms of KPIs such as iGMB, OR, and CTR.
- Created dashboards in Tableau that reported on the performance of different marketing algorithms I have created.
- Created scripts that moved data between HIVE and Teradata servers.
- Worked with the largest Teradata DWH in the world and often queried tables with 100+ billion rows.
- Communicated with stakeholders across multiple timezones.
Machine Learning SW Developer2016 - 2017Valeo
Technologies: Python, Matlab, SQL, OpenCV, C++, TBB, STD, Protobuffers
- Developed and trained a machine vision algorithm for recognition of pedestrians in front of a vehicle. The algorithm has since been implemented in a number of vehicle models including the GM 2019 Chevy.
- Trained and algorithm for detection of dirt on the camera lens. This algorithm had a crucial role in supporting other more complex self-driving functionalities.
- Assessed the quality of unstructured annotated video data used for algorithm training.
- Created a script for synchronization of both structured and unstructured data between multiple teams who participated on the project.
- Attended a computer science conferences and studied scientific literature to keep up-to-date with new trends in machine learning and computer science. Knowledge exchange with other team-members.
- Communicated and networked with teammates and stakeholders from France and Ireland.
Credit Risk Analyst2014 - 2015Erste Group
Technologies: SAS, MS SQL, Matlab, Excel
- Calculated risk parameters CCF, LGD and PD according to BASEL 2.
- Reduced the overall reserve requirements of Erste Bank subsidiaries by over 7 % thanks to the improvements in the statistical engine for calculation of risk parameters CCF, LGD and PD that I have introduced.
- Designed and trained a mathematical model in SAS for prediction of the overall loss in the event of a client default. This helped Erste improve the repossession process and reduce expenses.
- Performed ad-hoc stress-tests for Erste subsidiaries. The results were later submitted directly to the European National Bank.
- Assessed of risk portfolio stability via bootstrapping and monte-carlo methods.
- Created interactive dashboards for risk parameter reporting in MS SQL and Excel.
- Developed a data quality testing system.
Teaching and Research Assistant2012 - 2014University of Rochester
- Led lab lectures for undergraduate students.
- Developed software for automation of experiments and analyzed data produced by the experiments.
- Wrote several scientific papers that are available online.